Anybody else get heart palpitations all day, EVERY day?

[Ho...]

It has been years since this started and it hasn’t changed a bit. PAC’s, PVC’s and flutters every day. All the doctors I have seen say it’s not life threatening, but accompanied with the daily chest pains, it’s hard to live any kind of meaningful life.

I do!!! They come and go!

I push my body at work everyday. I’m good and you will be too.

Thank you for the reply Zesty!  Sorry you are dealing with this as well. Do you have anything that you know that triggers them? Activity will usually bring mine on…Even just getting up and walking will do it sometimes.

I hope we can get some relief from this soon!

I've had this on and off most of my life.  It seems to come and go in clusters such as I'll have palps throughout the day for several weeks and then it is gone.  Being overly tired seems to do it and it seems to happen more in cold weather.  I've had thyroid disease since age three and I think mine stems from that because when my levels are off I have more palps.

I've had this on and off most of my life.  It seems to come and go in clusters such as I'll have palps throughout the day for several weeks and then it is gone.  Being overly tired seems to do it and it seems to happen more in cold weather.  I've had thyroid disease since age three and I think mine stems from that because when my levels are off I have more palps.

I’m sorry you have to deal with this Kate!  Did it seem to get any worse during or after the BWD?

Thank you for the reply Kate!  Hope you can get some relief from it soon!

Thank you Hopper but right now I am in a good spell and am only having them rarely.  That wasn't so just a month ago, though.

Glad to hear you are getting some relief from it. I go back to the cardiologist this week. I’m a bit anxious as to what he might say or do about it all.

I'm sorry you're suffering with palpitations.  was plagued by palpitations during withdrawal.  I had experienced them every so often previously but during withdrawal they went on for hours every day for a period of time and really fed into my anxiety.  I was checked out and told they weren't dangerous.  Not everyone wants to take the route I took which was to take propranolol as needed when the palpitations (and cortisol/adrenaline surges) were super intense.  I tried to avoid taking it regularly because I knew of members who had to taper off it.  But it really helped me and over time the palpitations eased off along with the other withdrawal symptoms.

I hope your appointment goes well and you find relief soon.

Brighterday

Thank you for the replies Kate and Brighter day! I’ll be sure to let you know what he says. In the past he has assured me that these are not life threatening, but I’m not sure he knew I was having hundreds of these every day. I mean, how many is to many?  My PCP upped my BP medicine about 2 months ago, perhaps this could be contributing to it?

Thank you for the replies Kate and Brighter day! I’ll be sure to let you know what he says. In the past he has assured me that these are not life threatening, but I’m not sure he knew I was having hundreds of these every day. I mean, how many is to many? My PCP upped my BP medicine about 2 months ago, perhaps this could be contributing to it?

Be sure you mention this change to your cardiologist since they might not notice it in your chart.

Hey! So I am on Atenolol for my palpitations but I had them before the benzos. I only take half of the lowest dose possible and it reeeeeeally helps. It does not stop them completely, but it is rare that they cause me stress anymore. I hope to stop taking it one day, but not until I’m off the benzos.

As for the bp med you are on, they can actually cause more palpitations in some people. I was on metoprolol before atenolol and that shit did NOT get along with my palpitations. I had them constantly for most of the day after I took it. Once again, I was on the lowest dose. You might just be on a med that your body doesn’t like ;_;

PACs are uncomfortable, but it is true that they won’t harm you. I hate them but my current treatment is awesome :3 I have hope you will find relief as well.

Thanks for the reply ThisBur!

I have tried many different blood pressure medication‘s in the past and they didn’t really seem to control or lower my blood pressure until his current medicine which is the amlodipine. They tried several beta blockers with me but it lowered my heart rate too far.

Hoping I can get some answers tomorrow!

Best wishes!

Oh! A calcium channel blocker! Yea, those work better for some. I tried one too at one point, but only for like a week. I hope you get some answers!

I forgot to say that I had to change my diet a bit to help reduce the palpitations. I LOVE sugar in the form of chocolate and cookies lol I had to stop eating all that for like a month and then limit myself to no more than 30g of sugar a day, which is not enough for my sugar ‘passion’ lol BUT! It super helps. Anyway, have a good day!

Yup I get them almost daily and I’m 21 months post short-term use…

I am super grateful when a day goes by with no palpitations at all…

I feel 80-90% recovered most days, however still get intense anxiety attacks with palpitations and lightheadedness, also sometimes tingling and/or slight electric shock, chest tremors/vibrations still occurring intermittently…

Karla

Yup I get them almost daily and I’m 21 months post short-term use…

I am super grateful when a day goes by with no palpitations at all…

I feel 80-90% recovered most days, however still get intense anxiety attacks with palpitations and lightheadedness, also sometimes tingling and/or slight electric shock, chest tremors/vibrations still occurring intermittently…

Karla

Karla, I am sorry that you are experiencing this as well!  Glad to hear you are on the mend for the most part! I still get all the other things you mentioned daily.

Healing thoughts to you!

Back from the cardiologist today: He looked at my blood pressure records and all my home ECGs that I brought for him to assess. He assured me that none of this is life-threatening and ordered no further testing at this time. I asked him if 1000+ heart palpitations per day are too many and could cause any harm to my heart and his reply was no.  He added that it was unlikely that the Amlodipine was contributing to the increase in frequency of the PAC’s and PVC’s.  He did a very good job of assuring me that I do not have any heart disease based on the previous testing and that the heart palpitations or not life-threatening and I can continue on with an active lifestyle (easier said than done, right).

He said we could address the heart palpitations with medication if I wanted to, but he did not recommend that course of action at this time. He, just like my PCP suggested that I address the panic/anxiety. Both of them would like to see me go back on some type of anxiety medication but I don’t know if that would help me with my brain as scrambled it is right now and still trying to heal. 

All in all, I suppose this is good news!  I just need to convince my brain that I’m not going to die when this happens all day, every day!

I'm so glad to hear you got the reassurance from your doctor that you were hoping for.  It is difficult to convince your brain that lots of palps aren't a sign of something omnious.  I hope you give yourself some time to settle in after this appointment and see if hearing that all is well from your cardiologist will sink in and make a difference in your anxiety before you jump in taking another medication.  As we know, coming off of them really stinks!

Hi Hooper,

So sorry to hear u r still suffering this far out…

But at least u know there is nothing wrong with your ❤️

I also still experience extreme tinnitus, it basically comes on 2-3 days at a time, then completely leaves for 2-3 days… not sure why it keeps coming back…

I guess all u can do is keep pushing through, and hope one day to heal completely.

Do u get any windows at all? If yes, how often?