Worsening tinnitus at 13 months post-jump

[Sp...]

This is so frustrating. I had resigned myself to having mild tinnitus forever thanks to the benzos. I spent a long time acclimating to the original tinnitus and finding a nighttime sound combo that helped me drown it out so I could sleep (fan on low + air purifier + white noise machine). Really, I  had made peace with it as much as possible.

Now? I have a brand-new sound in just my left ear, like a mosquito buzzing loudly. It's wrecking my sleep (which was already pretty up and down). I've tried to find the right high-frequency background sound to help mask it but nothing has worked yet. 

I've never had a windows / waves pattern with my symptoms so I have no idea if this is just a temporary thing that will fade away. The only things I've changed recently were: increased stress due to work deadline; got my Covid bivalent booster; started wearing earbuds to listen to an audiobook while I exercise. I guess any one of the three could have caused it, or a combination.

I'm supposed to go to a concert next month, which I've been really excited about (Stevie Nicks! My personal Klonopin WD hero), but now I'm worrying that the amplified music will make my tinnitus even worse. I guess I'll wear earplugs.

Any similar experiences or encouragement?

I have been dealing with tinnitus for 19+ months since jump. Mine got better after 3 1/2 months and then worsened at 7 months. I had it mostly in right ear in the beginning but now I have it in both ears and it's pretty loud. I even had hearing loss in left ear for a week and then it came back. I wish I could give some encouragement but I don't understand it either. I went to a Primus concert and a Chris Young country concert and it didn't make it any worse than it already was. Everyone is different I guess. I hope we heal soon !!