jump or walk off?

[cl...]

Greetings benzo champions group!

As my daily Klonopin dose has become very low, I thought I would look ahead to the Post-Withdrawal Recovery forum for some insights....

I had thought I'd walk off, but now wonder if a low dose might cause "interdose withdrawal" and accomplish nothing besides delaying recovery.  My taper has been mostly uneventful and pain-free.  But recently I've had a mild uptick in symptoms......feeling of head pressure and free-floating anxiety.  So I'm wondering.....continue this walk off?  Or just jump and get it over with?

What was your experience?  Any thoughts?

thank you!

clearbluesky

clear, I tapered to zero and am glad I did. No regrets, no second-guessing. I had mild s/x toward the end, but I think they were more anxiety-related than truly benzo-related. If I were you, I'd taper to zero. I don't think whatever you are experiencing at a low dose is interdose withdrawal at all. If you didn't experience it at a higher dose it seems unlikey to me that a low dose would bring it on. I DID have interdose withdrawal at a much higher dose than my 1 mg which seemed to take forever to taper, and I fixed it. But at a low dose?  I don't think so. Maybe just slither off?

Best,

Katz

haha.....thanks!  Slither off, that's a good one.  I really was hoping if I was slow and steady enough, my body wouldn't notice.  But I have gotten sloppy lately.

When I first started this liquid taper, I would carefully measure out 6 even doses in 6 separate jars every day.  I'd even set the alarm to take one of them in the middle of the night!  Eventually I just prepared one full daily dose, and sipped it throughout the day.  This worked very well.  But lately I've been busy, sometimes forget to make the solution until late in the day.  One day I forgot entirely.  And the dose is so low now, a couple sips and it's gone.

Someone in the Withdrawal Forum was wondering about interdose WDs when you get this low.  That's the only reason to jump, I figured. 

Thank you for sharing your experience, oregonkatz!

I think I will continue to walk off.....slither.....below the radar all the way down.

clearbluesky

Thank you, nervous wreck!  Hope your liquid K taper is going as well as mine has.  Looks like you're following a similar game plan. 

I started this journey at a low K dose, but I was very badly kindled from previous use in the past.  I'm sure I CTed many times previously, not knowing any better, thinking WDs were just me being crazy.  Fortunately as a first time K user with solid BB information, you won't have those issues to contend with!

(It does grieve me, though, to think of how many benzo prescriptions were probably written during stress of covid isolation without adequate or accurate information.)

Anyway.....from your history it looks like you're ideally positioned for smooth sailing.

I bet you're gonna be just fine!

clearbluesky