Severe symptoms, really worried. Possibly period related?

[Ri...]

Hi all, not sure why im going through this but I wanted to see if anyone else has also experienced this?

Basically around the time I started my period I went into a severe wave. My anxiety is so high I cant cope at all. Im in absolute mental torture. I find it really hard to control my thoughts and am having severe intrusive thoughts constantly. My brain feels tense and sometimes hurts, not like a headache. I feel like im in a bad dream everything feels kinda surreal and dark and horrible. This feels like c/t almost but its not quite the same. This hasn't happened when I've got my period before although I have had an uptick in symptoms which compared to this were a piece of cake.

I actually have polycystic ovary syndrome and only get my period a few times a year. It usually only lasts about  a week but this time im on my 10th day and it still hasn't quite ended

Ive gone into this state several times before, once it was from a reaction to a supplement and another time it was from reducing too much olanzapine (which im tapering slowly now). The other times it happened I don't know what caused it and I don't know what caused it this time but im wondering if its my period. Im really worried because I don't know why this happens. Its horrible loosing your marbles and not even knowing why. Im scared this is some kind of mental illness and I need to be medicated or something seen as its happened so many times

I don't want to send an offhand, simple, I'm sorry.  But I am.  :'(

I am post menopause and don't have an answer to your question Riseup, but do have a kind hand to offer in terms of the way you feel.  Anxiety off the charts, think I might have mental illness.  I know I have ptsd, if that counts.  It does, I'm sure.  I cannot tolerate any stress at all without symptoms arising.  Mostly extreme anxiety.  Didn't have it like like this pre benzos. 

I'm hoping for both of us that this is just part and parcel of recovery, periods or not, and it will pass. 

This has been so terrible I can hardly explain, but you would know, I'm sure.  Sorry for us both.  But we are strong, we are not mentally ill, just had our CNS's kicked in by benzo's, and we will recover. 

Dee x

Hi Dee

Thank you for your kind words. Yes im hoping you are right, these are just symptoms of withdrawal wether they make sense or not.  :smitten:

Amber x