Does anyone experience symptoms that no one talks about?

[Gr...]

I'm currently at a point where I just won't talk about my symptoms anymore. My symptoms seem more intense, I keep experiencing what I don't see anyone else talking about and when I do list out my symptoms it feels like everyone will either skip my symptoms altogether like if we're in a group section and everyone is listing their symptoms, I've notice that everyone else will get a reply except me. Or I'll get a light "I'm sorry you feel that way". I can not find anyone else with the symptom to my degree that I have and honestly things have gotten so bad I just give up I'm so tired of writing out my symptoms. I keep seeing the basics of symptoms such as "Blurred vision, air hunger, inability to feel joy, fatigue, Tinnitus, IBS just the standard of symptoms. I gave up looking for others, I just wanna hear others weird and less discussed symptoms for a change.

What are some symptoms that either morph into stuff you can't find anywhere else or seem to be progressing?

I wonder if we can talk about what you're asking for and why?  Are you looking for others who share your same symptoms so you can know once and for all that what you're experiencing is truly benzodiazepine withdrawal, I notice in your signature you state, "still not sure".  I'm sure you know we all have different experiences, and not everyone will document each and every symptom or its intensity.  Add that to the fact that the composition of the forum is always changing so experiences of the members change along with it.

I have no doubt what you're feeling is the result of benzodiazepine injury, your symptom list proves it to me but it looks like you're still not sure.  Would approaching this from a different angle help convince you?  Would you be able to accept what's happening to you is benzo damage rather than an illness if we took a different tack?

I propose we take the symptoms which concern you the most and assign a possible condition or illness that could fit each one, then after compiling them all, we determine which is the more likely.  A multi-system failure of unknown origin or benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery. 

My hope is that by working through this exercise you'll be able to see that fear is an insidious symptom and fighting that fear is as important as recognizing it.

Yes I'm looking for some connection, I'm looking for others who even remotely enter the ball park if what I'm experiencing to get some reassurance. My symptoms are so different from others that now I'm questioning if this is benzo related or not. Last night my entire vision went white for hours. I've never ever heard of such a thing, limbs went numb and the panic and what if thoughts came into my mind such as blindness and I know it's only gonna get worse.
  • Like 1

Okay, lets talk about that symptom, your vision going white, can you elaborate, describe it in a bit more detail?  Then we should try to figure out what might be the cause of that and what to do about it if it's not benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery.  We probably don't need to talk about the numb limbs and panic because I've definitely seen those mentioned here.

Can you describe white vision, is it like closing your eyes when its light and being able to see light but not any detail?  How complete is it and is there pain associated with it?  How often does it happen and what circumstances bring it on?  Is it tied to stress, what you eat, if you don't get enough sleep, does it have a pattern you can discern?  Once we know more about this symptom lets go to Dr Google and see what it says.  See how many illnesses, conditions or maladies it comes up with then try to figure out what the chances are that you have them.  My hope is we'll be able to reassure you that what you're dealing with are symptoms, simply symptoms of your brain doing the repair it needs to make you well again.

Catastrophic thinking is a hallmark of this process and pushing back on it is the only way to keep it from swallowing you up. 

What tools are you using to address your panic, do you breathe, meditate, do calming exercises, what's in your toolbox?