Throat tightness is back so bad

[Sh...]

What’s the deal??? All my symptoms have been back so bad for over a week now. I did have alcohol last week and wondering if that’s what really caused it. But I am suffering. My throat muscles feel like they’re squeezing together. Help me please!

What do you mean histamines? You’re saying it’s like an allergy? I feel like my muscles in my throat are constantly constricting. Used to be afraid to swallow , That got better and I was really good for a while, and it seems like all my symptoms popped up out of nowhere!!! Can that just happen?! Or was it something I did that triggered it?? And how long do “waves” usually last? Been feeling horrible for about a week and a half now. I thought this was behind me, and now I feel so down that I’m back to where I started and I don’t know why.

You can become histamine intolerant during benzo withdrawl. Or it could be related to muscle spasms or clenching. Every single muscle I have was affected by w/d.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey,  I have crazy muscle tightness too. I’ve started a high protein /low histamine diet. We’re you able to get histamine under control. Did your muscles get better.

My muscles go crazy every time I sit down after work!!! Pisses me off. Now they rotate which muscle groups wanna be tight day to day. Sucks

Anybody recently suffering with throat tightness? And jelly legs?

Hi Shizam yes tight throught seems to be the norm as all muscles seem to get electric shock. My guess is because for so long the benzos have relaxed your nervous sytem. I will say if that's as bad as it get's bring it on!!

I have this bad...I think it's muscle tightening from stress and anxiety, like every other muscle we have does.  It's so scary, I could not swallow barely at all. If you think histamine can be causing it there is this stuff called atronex, by standard process, it's bovine.  It works so well.....and doesn't effect wd or anything

I can’t help but worry it’s something more serious. It’s making me nuts. Feels like it’s closing up and when I swallow I get scared the food won’t go down properly

Don’t stress it. Not to scare you but I’ve had it for 2 years continuously. Stress and being dehydrated makes it worst for me. Verrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly it is improving.

Thanks for all the replies. Cmagneto two years? You’re scaring me. I can’t handle this. I have such anxiety around eating and drinking because of how tight my throat muscles feel. Is there anything I can do that can help? I see people say it’s from stress and anxiety. But I’m not even stressed. I mean I am because the symptoms are back really bad, but prior to this I had couple weeks where I felt normal again and I thought I was completely healed. Then it came crashing down on me and been like this for over a month.  Are the throat muscles clenching? Or did Benzo ruin my brain and swallowing reflex ?

Thanks for all the replies. Cmagneto two years? You’re scaring me. I can’t handle this. I have such anxiety around eating and drinking because of how tight my throat muscles feel. Is there anything I can do that can help? I see people say it’s from stress and anxiety. But I’m not even stressed. I mean I am because the symptoms are back really bad, but prior to this I had couple weeks where I felt normal again and I thought I was completely healed. Then it came crashing down on me and been like this for over a month.  Are the throat muscles clenching? Or did Benzo ruin my brain and swallowing reflex ?

I just saw a speech therapist,  have to have mri, sigh.  I know how you feel,  it came from nowhere.  Mine is the muscles they just,  stopped working right,  tongue too. It seems to be easing up some

If you already have episodes of feeling normal, I’d say you’re in a better place then me already.Most people I’ve read about who have episodes of feeling normal usually don’t take as long as I do to bounce back. Through out my 26 months mines hasn’t let up yet. My two biggest triggers are stress and dehydration. When I’m well rested and hydrated, it’s still there but not annoying like it is when I’m stressed. Every one is affected by things different and I think I’m on the extreme end of the spectrum when it comes to this specific symptom. I’ve read about others experiencing symptoms like tinnitus and internal vibrations that haven’t affected me at all.

If I had to make a theory I’d say it’s the constant flux of going from fight/or flight mode. Same you get nervous and your throat tightens up, this is the same but last a longer.

If you already have episodes of feeling normal, I’d say you’re in a better place then me already.Most people I’ve read about who have episodes of feeling normal usually don’t take as long as I do to bounce back. Through out my 26 months mines hasn’t let up yet. My two biggest triggers are stress and dehydration. When I’m well rested and hydrated, it’s still there but not annoying like it is when I’m stressed. Every one is affected by things different and I think I’m on the extreme end of the spectrum when it comes to this specific symptom. I’ve read about others experiencing symptoms like tinnitus and internal vibrations that haven’t affected me at all.

If I had to make a theory I’d say it’s the constant flux of going from fight/or flight mode. Same you get nervous and your throat tightens up, this is the same but last a longer.

Same for me, don't get those other things,  anxiety makes it worse but it's like it stops working, I don't mean the reflex,  my throat muscles/ tongue just stop working and talking sounds very odd

I had one episode of feeling slightly better and it last like two weeks. Came back so strong though. The jelly legs are also so so freaky. I feel like my legs are going to buckle on me? Anyone get this? I feel like going to see the neurologist again. I went to him like four times since May, and thank Gd everything was ok. He attributed this all to anxiety, not withdrawl :( but I know this isn’t anxiety. I’m having really real severe symptoms. Do any of you also suffer from the fear of swallowing? Or like muscles tighten in your throat when you swallow? I get that too also. It’s terrifying. Wish I never took this evil klonopin. I feel like I’m being tortured and there’s no way out.

I had one episode of feeling slightly better and it last like two weeks. Came back so strong though. The jelly legs are also so so freaky. I feel like my legs are going to buckle on me? Anyone get this? I feel like going to see the neurologist again. I went to him like four times since May, and thank Gd everything was ok. He attributed this all to anxiety, not withdrawl :( but I know this isn’t anxiety. I’m having really real severe symptoms. Do any of you also suffer from the fear of swallowing? Or like muscles tighten in your throat when you swallow? I get that too also. It’s terrifying. Wish I never took this evil klonopin. I feel like I’m being tortured and there’s no way out.

Just saw nuero and, all doc say it isn't " wd ", technically it's true at a certain point being off but it isn't natural anxiety, I think its the cns is not healed yet. I got checked for myasthenia gravis, just came back negative. You're not alone, I also get afraid to swallow because it is like I cannot swallow at times, it was terrifying when it just stopped working, mine seems to be getting better so I'm sure yours will too

I'm dealing with this at the moment. It just hit me out of nowhere. Throat tightness combined with air hunger I'd making me feel like I can't breathe properly. We will get through it.