What's your worst physical and mental symptom??

[go...]

I am withdrawing from gaba medications for 4 time i never had so dreadful mental and physical symptoms ,i am scared every second of day,can everyone please tell your worst mental and physical symptom , hope i can relate,with the symptoms i have i feel like it's only me in such a horrible situation

I am so sorry. I would give a lot to take away everyone’s suffering from these medications.

Personally, my worst physical symptom has to be chest pain. There are other symptoms that hurt way more, but pain in my chest drives my anxiety up the wall.

My worst psychological symptom was probably the fear of sitting down. This persisted for a couple months and it was hell. I feared sitting down would cause my heart to stop or something along those lines. I can laugh about it now, but it was all very real and a living hell lol

If I could pick a third thing, it would be the inability to eat. That was horrific.

We all go through a different kind of hell. I began journaling when this all began and I am so glad I did. It helps me to remember the shit I have felt and thought. This helps me to not be as anxious when I feel it again. It’s easy to forget trauma and pain, so it was good to have a reminder to prove that if it happens again, I know I won’t die.

You got this.

My physical top 3 symptoms  would be  ( I'm male age 55, 16.5 months off a 1051 day taper, ended May 4th 2021)  1. Constant, brutal air hunger  2. Feeling weak  3. feeling cold, cold hands feet/ low blood pressure?    horrible crap......  hoping to heal some decade lol  seems like my autonomic nervous system condition that makes it difficult for my sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems to self regulate.??

Oh man I have symptoms no one talks about. My symptoms are mainly physical and a nightmare. I know you're not suppose to compare yourself and make comments like you have it the worst... But I've yet to see a case like my mine. Everyone has the more basic of symptoms which that isn't meant to discredit or anything like that, but you rarely hear about symptoms outside of Blurred vision, air Hunger, Fatigue. Brain fog. Tinnitus, Benzo belly,... The regular symptoms. My are worse and keep getting worse. I've also had more symptoms then I've seen listed in the past 6 months or so, if I had to pick my top 5.

1) Head Pressure/sensations: Top of my head, The symptoms morph while in a wave, the pressure is mild but the sensations are other worldly, at the worst it feels like my mind is separating from reality (Not DR), or my head will feel heavy with pulling sensations, overly sensative like there's a blanket over top of my brain creating constant stimulation. In this state everything bothers me from sound to visual cues makes me feel uneasy.. Feel like I'm losing my mind half of the time

2) Visual disturbances: When I close my eyes to go to sleep, when I blink, if I turn my head quickly or if I peripheral vision, I See brief flashes of things, from yellow spots, after images, flickering, flashes and I also question my sanity in this time. Visual snow, aggressive patterns when my eyes are closed, dim vision, light sensitivity and hyper focus like if you every looked at a object for too long you go into this hyper focused mode only I can't blink and turn this mode off. It gets brighter and brighter and scares me.

3) Muscle weakness/general weakness. Use to be in a left arm and now it's in my right too. It's a unbelievable weakness, heaviness sensation in my arms, hands and if things get really bad it's my body too. It's way worse when I'm laying down it feels like my body is being weighed down there is actually now resistance when I try moving. Again very scary.

4) shakiness/Vibration throughout my body, but mostly in my neck and hands

5) Food sensitivity EVERYTHING sets off my symptoms and I do mean Everything.

I'm 18 months Cold turkey Ativan.

My worst symptom is air hunger. Feeling like I can't breathe properly for no reason at all. The last time I went to the hospital they did an X ray, CT scan, and the doctor listened to my lungs as well. Everything was fine. Inhalers don't help either.

It feels like an asthma attack when it's really bad. I can't sleep when it's bad because I can't relax my breathing enough to fall asleep.

It's gotten a bit better but it used to be extremely bad.

I also struggle with non stop constant air hunger,  last night I was trying to watch a movie, at home alone,  and the air hunger , , physical symptoms etc and GAD was so bad,  I could barely pay attention.  couldn't imagine being in a actual movie theatre, holy crap . no way

I also struggle with non stop constant air hunger,  last night I was trying to watch a movie, at home alone,  and the air hunger , , physical symptoms etc and GAD was so bad,  I could barely pay attention.  couldn't imagine being in a actual movie theatre, holy crap . no way

How long have you been off?

I've been off 16.5 months now,  my taper was days long, ended May 4th 2021,  ( from 1.5 mg of Klonopin) I've suffered badly now since Summer 2017, when I hit tolerance, ( which went unaddressed till Spring 2018 )

I've been off 16.5 months now,  my taper was days long, ended May 4th 2021,  ( from 1.5 mg of Klonopin) I've suffered badly now since Summer 2017, when I hit tolerance, ( which went unaddressed till Spring 2018 )

Hang in there. Air hunger is such a terrible symptom. I used to get air hunger after going for a simple walk. I felt like I couldn't do anything without getting air hunger. I'm benzo free for 30 months and I still have air hunger but it's a lot better. I started going to the gym and working out which causes me air hunger afterwards but I'm hoping my body adapts to it.

I am so sorry. I would give a lot to take away everyone’s suffering from these medications.

Personally, my worst physical symptom has to be chest pain. There are other symptoms that hurt way more, but pain in my chest drives my anxiety up the wall.

My worst psychological symptom was probably the fear of sitting down. This persisted for a couple months and it was hell. I feared sitting down would cause my heart to stop or something along those lines. I can laugh about it now, but it was all very real and a living hell lol

If I could pick a third thing, it would be the inability to eat. That was horrific.

We all go through a different kind of hell. I began journaling when this all began and I am so glad I did. It helps me to remember the shit I have felt and thought. This helps me to not be as anxious when I feel it again. It’s easy to forget trauma and pain, so it was good to have a reminder to prove that if it happens again, I know I won’t die.

You got this.

Sorry you suffer from the chest pain also. Can you describe yours? Mine is like a stinging type of pain most of the time. Sharp and stabbing. That combined with the daily heart palpitations, brings on my worst mental issue. Dying from a cardiac event.  I live this hell every day!

My chest pain can be tight and goes into my throat or it can be sharp and quick. The tight pain is the worst because you think it’s your heart but it’s not. That’s the hardest part to all of this: feeling the symptoms and training yourself that it’s not life threatening 🤷‍♂️ I was WAY worse earlier this year but have learned to just allow it to happen and move along with my day. It’s hard, but it won’t be forever.

My chest pain can be tight and goes into my throat or it can be sharp and quick. The tight pain is the worst because you think it’s your heart but it’s not. That’s the hardest part to all of this: feeling the symptoms and training yourself that it’s not life threatening 🤷‍♂️ I was WAY worse earlier this year but have learned to just allow it to happen and move along with my day. It’s hard, but it won’t be forever.

Thank you for the reply ThisBur!  I know exactly what you mean! I fight the feeling of eminent death from a heart episode every day. Some days I succeed more than others. I have been to therapy for this and have all the tools but I still can’t shake it. Even with all my other symptoms, I think if this would let up I could get on with my life! 

Best wishes and healing thoughts!