Insomnia

[Bu...]

Hello everyone, I have been having terrible insomnia.

I felt asleep at 11:00 pm and woke up at 12:30 this is really breaking me…

I have a question for people who went through this…

Im very very very tired and sleepy but once I go to sleep is like my body releases anxiety and energy and I wake up because of it. I mean for people who went through indomnia had a similar experience? Or they just didnt were sleepy at all and couldnt catch sleep?

Thats the worst because Im suuper sleepy and I dont feel anxious but I go to sleep and my body is like nono time to release energy and anxiety…

I had all sorts of variations of insomnia - trouble falling asleep and staying asleep.  At the end of my benzo career, I was taking a clonazepam at bedtime and more of it during the night because it didn't hold me asleep for more than 3-4 hours.  When I tapered off, it took a year or so to adjust to sleeping without them.  I had some nights of zero sleep.  The insomnia issue was hands down the hardest part of withdrawl for me.  I did learn that is was possible for me to function without sleep - not ideally but function I did.

This is all history for me because I sleep better than I had in several years now that I am off and healed.  I don't think there was any easy way around this dreadful issue; I simply had to go through what I did to get to the other side.

Thank you Kate for stopping by…. Im just surviving one day at a time…

My only hope is the words of freedom you describe and the success stories people share.

Insomnia is the reason why I reinstated my past several attempts…

But this time Im committed… I can imagine myself sleeping peacefully through the night ohhh God what I would pay for having this….

People take sleep for granted…

Survive… survive… survivee

(Klonopin post withdrawal)

Ale

If you are already off  Klonopin and want to stay that way, I suggest you throw any leftovers away.  I had to do that because I was afraid I would get tempted one sleepless night and start on them again.  It was actually a relief when I knew that was no longer an option.

Kate, I have a question for you…

Going to sleep at night has become dreadful for me… I fear it now!

Does this happen to you? I know feel as if it is not the withdrawal but now the fear of not sleeping what is keeping awake… Im terrified

I dont know if I can live like this much longer : (

Yes Butterfly, the same thing happened to me.  At first I couldn't sleep at night and then I feared the insomnia so I dreaded evening/nighttime because I became fearful that it would happen again.  I eventually fell into a pattern of terrible sleep one night or even two nights and then I would sleep better the next night because I was so exhausted.  Eventually all of this worked itself out and I sleep very well now but it took a year or so.

I cant Kate, this is too much for me…. All the withdrawal symptoms are a walk in the park but sleeping for 40 min a night is just killing me… besides all night Im just making myself more anxious and having panic attacks… I dont see the light…

I cant live my life like this…