8 Months

[se...]

Today marks 8 months / 32 weeks since jumping at what I thought (did via liquid milk titration) was 0.042 mg of klonopin.

Still struggling with burning and tingling especially in my head, tinnitus in both ears now, and sometimes the side of my face feels numb. Also still trying to figure out triggers...no caffeine, no alcohol, low sodium, no sugar or artificial sugar. still trying to figure out food...I read places that say these types of foods are high in glutamate and other places they said are low.

I feel like this drug has destroyed me. I know 8 months is a number and healing can take much longer but would love to have had windows but my symptoms are pretty constant...some days much worse than others.

So much what if's but cannot go back. I still take remeron (and only other drugs is astepro nasal spray and allegra) and have read that that is a "dirty" drug. Regret taking that too but has helped me sleep. I have tried tapering that some and have went down from 7.5 mg to 5.2 mg and cannot wonder if that is inhibiting my healing. Thought about stopping but truthfully scared of the result.

I know diet is important and trying to each a good healthy diet, it's a lot of trial and error.

Every day is a struggle. I really feel like a shell of what I once was.

Still trying to fight but very tired.

Anyway, that is my latest. I tried to do my best tapering but either screwed up or just a lucky one with my symptoms.

I wish all buddies speedy and complete healing.

Seeking

I'm at 8 months and 5 days off and I'm also wondering where the windows are. Even when there are not-as-bad days, I am never free of symptoms and never stop feeling destroyed. It seems like it would be easier to stand if there was some sort of timeline. If we could know it would end at some point.

I'm at 8 months and 5 days off and I'm also wondering where the windows are. Even when there are not-as-bad days, I am never free of symptoms and never stop feeling destroyed. It seems like it would be easier to stand if there was some sort of timeline. If we could know it would end at some point.

You guys are still relatively early in the process, and you're doing well for what you must go through. The fact that you're here proves it.

Now is a time of rediscovering your body and mind. Be very careful with what BOTH INGEST.  Poison that causes setbacks comes in many forms. Some may delay the ideal process. Just know there will be windows. Be patient. It's hard, I know. One day you'll wake up and just feel good.

Then, you'll have days where it's rough. Hopefully the former outweigh the latter.

Alternative treatments and supplements helped me some. Others just lightened my wallet. I do think it was nesesary to experiment as the further out I get, the more capable I am of mentally handling most anything, Ive gotten to know what's best for me.

If I can make it this far out, so can you. Without setbacks I'd say I'm 75% healed at dam near 2 years. I'm  a case of tolerance wd, kindling, and CT. If I can make it so can you.

Things do improve w time. Some people make it more slowly, others quickly. I've come to understand that we each get what is necessary to our personal evolution. Looking back, I wasted alot of time, so maybe this was the piper coming to get paid, or maybe it's just a way to ensue it doesn't happen again.

You guys are still relatively early in the process, and you're doing well for what you must go through. The fact that you're here proves it.

Now is a time of rediscovering your body and mind. Be very careful with what BOTH INGEST.  Poison that causes setbacks comes in many forms. Some may delay the ideal process. Just know there will be windows. Be patient. It's hard, I know. One day you'll wake up and just feel good.

Then, you'll have days where it's rough. Hopefully the former outweigh the latter.

Alternative treatments and supplements helped me some. Others just lightened my wallet. I do think it was nesesary to experiment as the further out I get, the more capable I am of mentally handling most anything, Ive gotten to know what's best for me.

If I can make it this far out, so can you. Without setbacks I'd say I'm 75% healed at dam near 2 years. I'm  a case of tolerance wd, kindling, and CT. If I can make it so can you.

Things do improve w time. Some people make it more slowly, others quickly. I've come to understand that we each get what is necessary to our personal evolution. Looking back, I wasted alot of time, so maybe this was the piper coming to get paid, or maybe it's just a way to ensue it doesn't happen again.

Appreciate the feedback.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. Nearing 8 and a half months and still dealing with the tingling in head and body.

Saw my PCP today for annual check up and bloodwork. She is referring me to a neurologist.

Also paused my remeron taper at 5.97 mg.

My PCP says my symptoms are not due to the klonopin. Not sure I believe her.

Also got eye floaters. Really!!!

Still trying to move forward.

Hope all are well.

Hello all. Nearing 8 and a half months and still dealing with the tingling in head and body.

Saw my PCP today for annual check up and bloodwork. She is referring me to a neurologist.

Also paused my remeron taper at 5.97 mg.

My PCP says my symptoms are not due to the klonopin. Not sure I believe her.

Also got eye floaters. Really!!!

Still trying to move forward.

Hope all are well.

Hi Seeking,

I’m so sorry that you are still suffering with the burning. Sadly, I am too.

The worst is in my cranial nerves where it feels like thorns being poked in my head and hot grease pouring down my scalp, shoulders and lower legs.

I started month 10 this week so I’m very discouraged.

I do try to swim in a cold indoor pool each evening, just light swimming. The cold water feels so good.

I am praying that our big windows and healing come soon.

Did you get to see the neurologist? Oh and most PCP docs have no clue about benzos withdrawals so no worries there. Even ER docs have no clue. I’ve been to the er 3 times for the burning. They said it was anxiety ahd gave me naproxen. Ha! For real!

I still sleep with my 4 nylon ice packs, so hopefully you have some of those to help.

I had a melt down of panic yesterday because my burning was raging. It seems like mine is worse and I get scared that I’m not going to be able to handle much more of this. It has broken me but I still pray and ask for mercy.

Helen from our burning board says we will heal from the burning. I’m holding on to that for sure.

I’m sending you big hugs.