Taper complete "New Thread of my journey off completely"

[Je...]

Hello all,

5 days = zero klonopin. Still on valerian root and melatonin. ;D

I have completed my klonopin taper from 3 mgs to 0.

I have been using every day for 24 years.

5 day off

I feel good, tired and worn out, a tad depressed but over all so blessed.

my emotions are still kinda numb. me ears ring slightly.

Things I have been doing to help myself.

= working out/cardio

=long walks

=a hobby

=letting go of any expectation and just letting myself get well

I honestly dont know what to expect but I am here and grateful.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Je...]

• [Ka...]

• [He...]

• [Pa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on day 7 no klonpin.

i am so tired but restless. So hard to move and stuff.

why is am i so tired. is it my nervous system healing?

Jeremy Rocks,

Congratulations on completing your K taper!  After 24 years that is a huge accomplishment.  Yes, I personally believe the fatigue is from all the healing.  I've been off my meds for almost a year now and have gone through varying stages of deep fatigue.  I'm sure it will get better! You've gotten yourself to the stage where your body can completely heal without any meds so now you'll need some time to fully heal.  You're on your way!  Hang in there.

Helen

did anyone have really bad muscle pain. i have been working out and i’m going to therapy but i am wondering if it just the part off the med. has anyone had mucked pain, aching?

did anyone have really bad muscle pain. i have been working out and i’m going to therapy but i am wondering if it just the part off the med. has anyone had mucked pain, aching?

Congratulations Jeremy!  That’s a major accomplishment! I was on Xanax for 23 years and finished my taper almost 5 weeks ago.  I had a lot of muscle pain after my last dose.  Turmeric (1,000 mg) has helped a lot.  I’ve been more tired than usual as well.  I suspect it’s part of the withdrawal. 

Hang in there.  It won’t last forever.  😃

Congratulations!  What an amazing effort.

Hang in there and be confident it will all pass in time :)

I'm just over a month off Clonazepam and I have a few withdrawal symptoms still lingering - mostly heart palpitations and eye issues.  I am hopeful they will all pass in time. 

You did and are doing amazing.

Hellos I’ve been off 7 days. I have had muscle pain and stiffness the whole time during my taper. Your muscles were relaxed by the medication for all those years and now they have to come back to life. That’s how I see it. Compression stockings and socks help along with hot baths and massages and Tylenol.

thanks for all the hope. I’m at 11 days and really grateful that i am off rhat poison. i can’t believe they allow this for consumption by people. it’s horrible

update

day 12. i slept great and had a decent day

anyone have these issues?

problems

anxiety /anxiousness

major hot temperature moments

crave sugar like crazy. (not sure what this is about)

eating to calm myself , gaining weight

emotions all over the place

jeremyrocks, so good to hear you are doing reasonably well at day 12!  I had all of the symptoms you mentioned but I had them mostly as I tapered.  I also craved sugar and ate a ton of Lifesaver gummies.  The restlessness was a problem for me so I kept busy to burn the energy off.  I still have the hot/cold sensations but I have a thyroid problem so I'm never sure what is the cause of the temperature thing that I experience.

Anyway, I am so glad to hear you are sleeping reasonably well.  Insomnia was my major problem but that finally got resolved.

kate - thank you. i do think i have a long way to go but at least i’m done putting that med inside of me.

day 13

last night sleep like crap. Major heart palpitations and anxiety. super restless

I am sure it’s just part of it. Have a great day everyone.

Jeremy, your symptoms sound so typical.  The sleep will come and go, I imagine.  Once I got off the meds, I began craving sugar like crazy.  I still do but am trying to tamp that down. I was way too thin on the meds and now could drop 5 lbs! It's crazy. Hang in there. You're healing!

Thank you helen.

Quick question

does anyone know if taking valerian root and melatonin is ok once we are off. It helped me theu all my taper but i don’t know if i should slowly get off them or wait a little bit then come off the sleep aids

Good to hear Jeremy - I was just thinking of you and wondering how you are doing.  Thank you for the update.

congratulations Jeremy! I jumped off Alprazolam in early May I did and still do have muscle pain especially my hip. I too have been eating more but I think thats just recalibration after the weight loss from early taper withdrawal symptoms. I stopped taking any sleep aids like melatonin and even sleepy time tea. Im doing much better without them. I did a lot of research on circadian rhythm and blue light avoidance after dark I think it has made a huge difference. I had forgotten what true natural unassisted sleep was like: restorative and bringing new feelings of positivity and happiness. I also think exercise was key to my exit from benzo. May you continue to heal and be well!

i am really excited to stop all sleep aids also. i have been sleeping really well and peaceful. i haven’t felt peace like this ever lol

question

when i am tired is it because my cns is healing and i’d over loaded or something else. can anyone explain what exactly is happening to my body and mind.

thank you kate. you rock

so i think i am in phrase 2 or three. maybe like 2.75- almost three

i am at day 18. it’s interesting i had a 1/2 decaf coffee yest and it made me soooo tired. i wonder if it stressed my cns. i felt better hours later. i usually have decaf in rhe am and it’s great.

• 2 weeks later...
Life with a dash of benzodiazepine recovery thrown in.  ::)  This isn't the new you, not yet so don't assume you'll feel like this forever, things will become more manageable.  I was amazed at how easy going I was after this, I no longer worried about the kinds of things I used to before going through this, I learned not to sweat the small stuff.  :thumbsup:

So good to hear from you jeremyrocks.  Feeling a bit fragile isn't surprising - I was like that also in the early  withdrawl days.  This will pass but you will also hopefully develop some new, healthy coping tools.  :thumbsup:

Good to hear from you guys. Thanks for sharing what has happened to you. I hope you guys are well. 🙏🙏

i’m going thru this anger that is really intense. i hope it passes