White flash in vision?

[...]

Hey Guys,

I've been getting weird white flashes like a photograph flash bulb went off in my eyes.

I'm not totally blinded by light or anything , I can see. But it's like I see everything then I'll set a little flash on top of it..or inside the field of vision. Also like a quick stream of light.Almost seems like a 'hallucination' kind of. Like I'm imagining it.

It doesn't 'blind' me or anything. It's like a flash light but I still can see everything else as it happens.

Anybody get this one?

I've also had the floaters and blurry vision too for months.

This 'white flash' thing is 'new"...

Anybody get this?

Please don't tell me to go to the eye doc..I don't need to do that. This is a benzo thing I'm sure..

I get them around my peripheral sometimes, and I always get them with my eyes closed, but I'm not sure that is what you are talking about. I'm not trying to freak you out, but maybe make an appointment with an eye doc for a checkup as that CAN be a sign of an impending retinal detachment (sorry if I make you worry, but better safe than sorry) It's not harmful or abrupt, just worth getting checked to be safe if you haven't had a recent exam....I was warned about this as well when I asked about my flashing.

Hey Thanks for freaking me out!

No.. I don't get it when my eyes are closed. In fact this thing only really started tonight.

But 'floaters' I've had for months. and glassy eye vision some days too. I think we all get that one.

I would love to go to the eye doc but unfortunately I'm agoraphobic and get super anxious when I leave. And haven't been in a car for months. It's all WD. I never had this pre benzo.

I'm just wondering if the 'eye stuff' is part of the mix too.

No.. I don't get it when my eyes are closed. In fact this thing only really started tonight.

But 'floaters' I've had for months. and glassy eye vision some days too. I think we all get that one.

I would love to go to the eye doc but unfortunately I'm agoraphobic and get super anxious when I leave. And haven't been in a car for months. It's all WD. I never had this pre benzo.

Hi a big yes it is WD I get it with my eyes opened closed, and its happened in my sleep and woken me up .I also get jagged flashes of light and what look's like Kaleidoscope visuals like looking through a colourless Kaleidoscope of watery light . I find if a nuisance sometimes and other times its like a light trip effect with no fear just calm. They there's the disco strobe lights , more light effects than myLED Christmas lights :D Its nothing but fear it's just a pain in the butt on time's along with vision problems ::)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I get the small flashes of light also. Sometimes the flashes are a real dark blue/purple.

The sun will reflect off a bright surface like a metal utencil in the kitchen or a car and blind me with a spike of light.  That never used to happen to me. 

[quote author=JACD link=topic=141203.msg1900782#msg1900782 date=1441857530

Anybody else have 'eye stuff'...

I got all kinds of other eye stuff. This is from some posts I made about vision a while back.

I can barely see the screen, its like looking through uneven glass, all I can really see is the computer screen but there is a strange splotchy blurryness to it that I have only found described on dp/dr websites, everything else is a black type of tunnel vision, its as if my brain can no longer process light and blend it properly. In the dark areas I see all kinds of colored static and strange lights, also if I move my head there are glowing or black shadowy residual images of whatever I am looking at. I see all kinds of sparks, shapes, patterns and flashing whether my eyes are open or closed, when I look at the floor it looks bent up towards me or too close, I feel shorter than I am due to my perspective being warped, also, every thing is slanted to the right, except me, sometimes things flex and warp as I move my head, and others its as if my vision is a handheld video from a camera

I've got concave dip in my visual field when I look at the ground walking up the road.  It's always in the same spot.  The road isn't flat.  I don't know what that is?  Happened when I got off the benzo's. 

• 7 years later...

Hey all,

It's been a while but..just to update..shortly after that original post back in 2015..the 'eye stuff' went away..And my vision went back to normal. It was just another crazy benzo withdrawl thing.

But it went away. Stay strong guys. It gets better.

Hey all,

It's been a while but..just to update..shortly after that original post back in 2015..the 'eye stuff' went away..And my vision went back to normal. It was just another crazy benzo withdrawl thing.

But it went away. Stay strong guys. It gets better.

Hi JACD  :) I remember you, thanks for the update  :thumbsup:

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: