Springtime

[ga...]

I'm very happy for your recovery and resilience through OUT. I am new to this space and I presume a long way to go. I am taking Bupropion, Divalproex, and quetiapine 25 mg for sleep. My first decision was to get off of Ativan. I did a c/o to Valium. I am currently at 7.5 mg and holding; for 8 months now.

I have been making cuts am not sure where to go with it next. I have a great relationship with my NP and we collaborate.

my s/x besides the requisite anxiety, bad memories of being poly-drugged... I have UNSTEADINESS in my legs and a slow back and fourth moving when I stand still. Otherwise, I can take walks (my muscles are stiff and hurt as well as bones).

I'm not sure what to do next or the method (my math skills were never good and my mind isn't the sharpest). I have been making cuts.

Ooops! I posted twice. I am new:)

If you could let me know about your unsteadiness and improvements in s/x and how you are doing on the quetiapine?

This has been quite a ride to say the least and if you could offer some encouragement and thoughts that would be a blessing.

Hope you are doing well gardener99, HopeFull01

Congrats Gard. You’ve come a long way. I remember you from a long time ago. Enjoy your new life and your garden. Please plant some basil for me.❤️❤️❤️

On 6/27/2020 at 10:04 PM, [[b...] said:

Congrats Gard. You’ve come a long way. I remember you from a long time ago. Enjoy your new life and your garden. Please plant some basil for me.❤️❤️❤️

Hey Benzogirl!!  How are you doing?    It's good to see you posting 🙋🏼🙋🏼💜😷

Mary, did you see she posted a success story?! :D

Great! I trust you are okay? Yes I did take a long break as I just wanted to forget. But after this there is no way we can forget. A hard lesson earned by all.  :smitten:

Betsy  :)

👍👍👍

Wow, Gardener, congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear you made it through and are doing great! Best wishes to you on enjoying your life!!!

Thanks, Laura. How is your sister doing? I think from your signature that her akathisia is finally gone?

Oh, we're a lot better.  She's calm in the mornings and all afternoon until 8:30/9pm, when anxiety and mild akathesia starts up.  The akathisia was gone and then came back.

Wow, Gardener, congratulations!! I'm so happy to hear you made it through and are doing great! Best wishes to you on enjoying your life!!!

Thanks, Laura. How is your sister doing? I think from your signature that her akathisia is finally gone?

Oh, we're a lot better.  She's calm in the mornings and all afternoon until 8:30/9pm, when anxiety and mild akathesia starts up.  The akathisia was gone and then came back.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear it came back, but it does sound like she is doing so much better! That's so good to hear! :smitten:

Yes I did  :laugh::D.  That's wonderful!!

How are you Gardie?    :smitten:

Good to see you posting, Mary. :)  I'm OK. My most recent Seroquel cut was bit rough, but not awful. The pandemic has made life hard, but I'm doing OK and very glad to be off the benzo. :thumbsup:

Good to see you posting, Mary. :)  I'm OK. My most recent Seroquel cut was bit rough, but not awful. The pandemic has made life hard, but I'm doing OK and very glad to be off the benzo. :thumbsup:

We love you Gardie, the pandemic is something we never expected and it has made things very hard.

I am so glad you are off your benzo, hopefully it won't be too hard on the next seroquel cut.  :smitten:  💕🙏💕🙏💕💜💜💜

We love you Gardie, the pandemic is something we never expected and it has made things very hard.

I am so glad you are off your benzo, hopefully it won't be too hard on the next seroquel cut.  :smitten:  💕🙏💕🙏💕💜💜💜

:smitten: I can tell how much I have healed by how well I can deal with all the changes this pandemic has forced upon us. I don't get as confused as I used to get over things not happening as expected. Now that I'm sheltering alone, that is an especially good thing!  :thumbsup:

:smitten: I can tell how much I have healed by how well I can deal with all the changes this pandemic has forced upon us. I don't get as confused as I used to get over things not happening as expected. Now that I'm sheltering alone, that is an especially good thing!  :thumbsup:

Hey Gardie, just checking in, LY woman  ;) ;).  🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼

• 1 month later...
I am now a year off of benzos and feeling better and better. In the year since my jump I have tapered away half of my gabapentin doing a liquid micro-taper. I probably started that taper a bit too soon, but it was so much easier than the benzo taper that I kept at it until I got to even capsules. (I was very tired of dissolving capsules.) Now I'm tapering Seroquel (my sleep aid) by dry cutting using cut-and-hold. My next cut of Q will put me at half of my original dose. When I get there, I will pause the Q taper and go back to tapering the gabapentin. The lower the drugs, the better I feel. It is worth the battle!

I am now a year off of benzos and feeling better and better. In the year since my jump I have tapered away half of my gabapentin doing a liquid micro-taper. I probably started that taper a bit too soon, but it was so much easier than the benzo taper that I kept at it until I got to even capsules. (I was very tired of dissolving capsules.) Now I'm tapering Seroquel (my sleep aid) by dry cutting using cut-and-hold. My next cut of Q will put me at half of my original dose. When I get there, I will pause the Q taper and go back to tapering the gabapentin. The lower the drugs, the better I feel. It is worth the battle!

You are doing so well Gardie.  Love to read your posts and you help keep me moving forward.

LY woman!!  🙋🏼🙋🏼😘🙏😷♥️😘🙏😷♥️

So happy for you Gardie, you have managed to walk off of benzo's and tapering two other drugs, you rock. Thanks for all the support you give to me and others here at BB. You have come a long way, and there is no limit on what you can do. Stay Strong and Stay Safe. :smitten:

And hope you have enjoyed your Birthday. :thumbsup: http://justclickit.ru/smiles/image/happybirth/happybirth%20(9).gif

• 2 weeks later...

An update: I am a little more than one year off the benzo. I have tapered away half of my gabapentin and half of my Seroquel. Getting all these sedating drugs out of my nervous system has helped me to get my brain back and reconnect to myself in ways I lost when I was so drugged up. When I was on the benzo and all during the taper, I felt disconnected to who I was before the drugs. During that time, thinking about my pre-drug self was like watching a movie of someone else. I thought that person was gone forever, but she was not! Now I am benzo-free and reconnected to that person, and feel like the whole, real me again. If you are still tapering, keep going. It will be worth it!

P.S. I would like to add that I tapered my benzo so slowly the I was able to step off without crashing. This enabled me to start tapering my next meds within a few months of ending my benzo taper. And I'm tapering those cautiously, too.

I am going to follow in your and begood's footsteps.  You both are wonderful mentors!!

Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😷😷😷😘😘

I am going to follow in your and begood's footsteps.  You both are wonderful mentors!!

Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😷😷😷��😘

:smitten::)    :smitten:

An update: I am a little more than one year off the benzo. I have tapered away half of my gabapentin and half of my Seroquel. Getting all these sedating drugs out of my nervous system has helped me to get my brain back and reconnect to myself in ways I lost when I was so drugged up. When I was on the benzo and all during the taper, I felt disconnected to who I was before the drugs. During that time, thinking about my pre-drug self was like watching a movie of someone else. I thought that person was gone forever, but she was not! Now I am benzo-free and reconnected to that person, and feel like the whole, real me again. If you are still tapering, keep going. It will be worth it!

P.S. I would like to add that I tapered my benzo so slowly the I was able to step off without crashing. This enabled me to start tapering my next meds within a few months of ending my benzo taper. And I'm tapering those cautiously, too.

Nothing like walking off slowly, it sure helped you, and me also, it was so worth the time it took. :smitten::thumbsup:    :smitten:

Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😷😷😷😘😘

I was following BG and Valley. Turtles win!!!  :thumbsup::smitten:

Nothing like walking off slowly, it sure helped you, and me also, it was so worth the time it took. :smitten::thumbsup:    :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: