Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Jerry, what symptoms are you still having now?

Ha Beck,

That is hard to say, I am feeling very groggy in the morning and noon. That is not something new for me. And more related to my use of clozapine and citalopram I think.

It is now later today, and feel still not really good, is it logical to think that I am in a kind of acute now…?

Lady Den,

I'm sorry you are back "in it"! Darn it. But it makes me smile to know you had some good days with your family.  It stinks when that ends though. 

Weirdly, after I typed my post yesterday, about an hour later, things got much better. I went the whole day yesterday feeling mostly good. We went for a hike by the Potomac River and it was gorgeous.  I woke up tingling and aching but I'm ok now again.  Wow.... weird days for sure. 

I so hope you and all the others of us feel better later today. 

Hugs,

Helen

Girl it sounds to me that you are rapid cycling. I believe that’s what’s going on with me as well. If you see our pattern….decent, medium, rough grouped in a couple of days. Even in a single given day I have been having decent, medium and rough. What do you think….rapid cycling?

And yes very weird! But it’s a thing around here. Also a good thing!  :thumbsup:

Ha Zzers,

Today another tough day, in Dutch we say “Ik loop op mijn tandvlees”, which means “I walk on my teeth flesh”. Which means that It is very tough dealing with life. I am watching a lot of football as distraction. That helps a bit. Today and tomorrow I can’t swim. So I am looking forward to Tuesday. I think my ‘not feeling well’ is related to the finish of my zopiclone taper. I guess I have to be patient, patient, patient….

Hugggggggg,

Jerry

:crazy:

Yes patience my dear friend!  :thumbsup: Great attitude you have  :thumbsup:

It’s all part of it. It won’t last too much longer. Hang in there. Congrats on 11 days. Wooohooo!

I’m so so so so proud!

Lady Den,

I'm sorry you are back "in it"! Darn it. But it makes me smile to know you had some good days with your family.  It stinks when that ends though. 

Weirdly, after I typed my post yesterday, about an hour later, things got much better. I went the whole day yesterday feeling mostly good. We went for a hike by the Potomac River and it was gorgeous.  I woke up tingling and aching but I'm ok now again.  Wow.... weird days for sure. 

Hugs,

Helen

Girl it sounds to me that you are rapid cycling. I believe that’s what’s going on with me as well. If you see our pattern….decent, medium, rough grouped in a couple of days. Even in a single given day I have been having decent, medium and rough. What do you think….rapid cycling?

And yes very weird! But it’s a thing around here. Also a good thing!  :thumbsup:

Yes, LD, it's a rapid whiplash of changes and I'm hoping it IS a good thing for all both of us.  I felt good yesterday on the way home from DC and still feel good today.  Wow...how lucky I feel.  I am treasuring the moments right now knowing the cycle could switch in no time.  I'm so happy that you are getting some marked improvements.  Bring em on!!!

Jerry, what symptoms are you still having now?

Ha Beck,

That is hard to say, I am feeling very groggy in the morning and noon. That is not something new for me. And more related to my use of clozapine and citalopram I think.

It is now later today, and feel still not really good, is it logical to think that I am in a kind of acute now…?

Jerry,

I'm sorry you are not feeling well but you may be right. You may be experiencing some "acute" symptoms right now since you jumped less than two weeks ago. But I don't think you will totally go back to acute withdrawal in general. You're just feeling the symptoms right now but with time, it's going to settle down.  We're all so glad you are off the Zop!

Helen

Lady Den,

Hugs,

Helen

Yes, LD, it's a rapid whiplash of changes and I'm hoping it IS a good thing for all both of us.  I felt good yesterday on the way home from DC and still feel good today.  Wow...how lucky I feel.  I am treasuring the moments right now knowing the cycle could switch in no time.  I'm so happy that you are getting some marked improvements.  Bring em on!!!

Yay for us both! The same here….sudden switching of decent medium and rough. Way to go on your trip! How awesome!

Dear friends

Just popping in to say hello.

I am still suffering so much - so therefore, I am not so active at the moment. I have practically been bedbound since summer. It's so hard to do anything. Then it is also hard to believe that it is withdrawal still, but I don't know what else it should be.

I have constant waves of electricity through my brain and body. Brain zaps, headache, tinnitus, ear pain, feeling of having a stone in my brain, inner trembling, muscle pain and stiff muscles especially in legs, feet, arms, hands. Burning skin. Legs and feet are cold, legs feels like all nerve ends are active. Fatigue. And so on. How can all this still be because of the pills after a long time?

Hugs Jørgen

Jb many before you have asked that question including myself. But it turns out that it IS still healing this far out. It’s not uncommon because the 18 month heal time is not the average. It’s about 3 years from what I’ve read and heard. So hang in there. You’ll be turning a nice corner soon. Don’t make a mistake of comparing with others or setting a “ I should be at this point”  mark. I find it easier to ignore how long it’s been because it’s more stressful to keep focusing on the length of time. I do keep track of my months but I’m saying I don’t stress over “ I should”. The brain doesn’t have a timer. It knows how to heal and when to heal what. Unfortunately for the majority that is a slow uncomfortable journey. But 100% worth the wait when completed. I love the phrase around here…feeling it is healing it!  :thumbsup:

I know it’s tough. Keep believing in your healing because it’s in the making.

Big hugs 🤗

Hi all,

Today is my 18 month day! I've made it this far.  Things are going pretty well right now and I'm enjoying a window.  I'm not symptom free but I have had a nice little break.

Jb, I'm so sorry for your suffering.  Everything you describe sounds like recovery from meds.  I know it's so frustrating and depressing and painful.  I agree with Lady Den though.  Things are going to start getting easier.  I'm pulling for you!

Jerry, I hope you are not feeling too bad. I know you have had some rough days recently. 

LD, I hope you can do your witting up and your walking today. 

Thinking of you all,

Helen

Dear Helen

Thank you. Yeah -- I don't know know what it should be besides recovery from meds. It's just so hard to believe that one can still suffer from so many and severe symptoms after so long time without really having any windows. I know some say that 21/17 months is not that long. But it feels like a very long time, when there is no relief at any point. I am trying to be optimistic, though, taking one day at the time. What else can we do?

Hugs, Jørgen

Dear Helen

Thank you. Yeah -- I don't know know what it should be besides recovery from meds. It's just so hard to believe that one can still suffer from so many and severe symptoms after so long time without really having any windows. I know some say that 21/17 months is not that long. But it feels like a very long time, when there is no relief at any point. I am trying to be optimistic, though, taking one day at the time. What else can we do?

Hugs, Jørgen

Ha Jørgen,

Yes we have to take one day at a time, for me the same, even though I think my symptoms are much more lighter than yours, I suffer too. I feel that doing sports helps me. So I ‘ll go swimming again, earlier

than normal, today. Then I am in time for the football world cup. I hope your health will improve sooner or later. Hugggs Jerry  :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Today is my 18 month day! I've made it this far.  Things are going pretty well right now and I'm enjoying a window.  I'm not symptom free but I have had a nice little break.

Jb, I'm so sorry for your suffering.  Everything you describe sounds like recovery from meds.  I know it's so frustrating and depressing and painful.  I agree with Lady Den though.  Things are going to start getting easier.  I'm pulling for you!

Jerry, I hope you are not feeling too bad. I know you have had some rough days recently. 

Thinking of you all,

Helen

Happy 18 months Sylvia! well done my dear beautiful friend twin! You’re certainly getting there! I’m so happy for you…jumping jacks happy dance  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

❤️🤗 Team Z!

I agree with you Jerry that to have something to do to keep active is a big help in distracting from symptoms. Even if it’s just one small thing that you might can do a few times a day.

Helen I’m doing better with sitting up and walking. I’m pushing a little bit each day. I walked to my car the past few days ( started on Monday) just to tell my car that I’ll be in it soon…very soon. Lol it felt amazing! It isn’t far but for me it is. Thank you for your support.

Lady Den,

Thank you for cheering me on at 18 months! I'm so glad to have made it this far.

I'm THRILLED to hear that you are back to making progress!!!  This makes me smile.  Keep up the good, smart work you've been doing.

LOVE,

Helen

Dear Helen

Hugs, Jørgen

Ha Jørgen,

Yes we have to take one day at a time, for me the same, even though I think my symptoms are much more lighter than yours, I suffer too. I feel that doing sports helps me. So I ‘ll go swimming again, earlier

than normal, today. Then I am in time for the football world cup. I hope your health will improve sooner or later. Hugggs Jerry  :thumbsup:

Thanks Jerry - and all the best to you too🙏

Lady Den,

Thank you for cheering me on at 18 months! I'm so glad to have made it this far.

I'm THRILLED to hear that you are back to making progress!!!  This makes me smile.  Keep up the good, smart work you've been doing.

LOVE,

Helen

Thank you dear. Although it’s still a few days decent and a couple rougher ones, I’m happy I’m making improvements too. Today is not so good so I’ll be resting most of today. For me, my rougher waves means it’s doing major work so time to rest to not give it anything else too challenging to do. And besides, as you know, in the rougher waves we can’t do much anyway. One thing I’ve noticed recently is that my windows are so much better and longer. I really hate when they end. I’m sure you feel the same.

Hope you’re feeling better again soon. I’m also thrilled when I read that you’re doing good. Enjoy your day!

❤️🌹

LD,

I'm sorry you aren't feeling so good today.  I asked you on the 12-2 month so you can ignore that since I've just read this post.  No need to waster your precious energy responding twice! I'm pulling for you to feel better. I'm fine, thanks.

XO,

Helen

Hi all,

Thinking of you all,

Helen

Ha Helen,

Thank you for sympathizing with me! Today I feel less lightheaded, that is great! I am looking forward to the football this afternoon. In the evening my father comes for dinner.

Hugs Jerry

Jerry,

I'm glad you were less lightheaded yesterday. Congrats to the Netherlands on their victory yesterday!  Your country has an excellent team.  :thumbsup:

Helen

Hi Everyone,

Just popping in to say hello.

I'm hanging in there. Almost 3 months post-jump and surviving.

Have some very good days and some terrible days with lots in the middle.

Lightspacer, I am an US national but have been living in Japan for the last 20 years.

Congratulations on your victory over the US the other day. I think the better (definitely more experienced) team won. Good luck against Argentina!

Agoura and Helen,

Thanks for the football compliments. I think The Netherlands against Argentinia will be a tough one. And if we can make it through, playing against Brazil will be even more tough.

I just had my sax lesson in the studio of my teacher. This time on my tenor sax. It was very nice. We played a classic piece and jazz piece ‘A child is born’, written by Thad Jones, a trumpet player.

Hugggs Jerry  :thumbsup: