Started new job severe anxiety and sick

[Do...]

I started orientation for a new bakery cashier job.  I was so anxious that I couldn't remember anything he said or do anything.  I was also confused.  I felt sick for hours like throwing up and really ill.  I had a frapp, rootbeer  chicken and wedges.  I don't know what's wrong with me as I  am on the verge of going to the hospital.  Also  I cant sleep.  I am afraid I won't be able to do the job on Saturday and my back.  Anybody  get severe anxiety and sickness 5.5 months out.  I told my brother  but he didn't take me seriously and is going to sleep. Last time I got this sick I went to the hospital as I was up all night throwing up with diarreah they ordered a bowel test  but I never got it done.  Also have abdominal pain please help

Dom, It'll get better.  It's normal to not feel well a few months after getting off the pills.  Try to calm yourself down when you're not feeling well.  It sounds like your nervous system is getting overstimulated. 

Thanks yeah, I fell asleep for half an hour.  I still feel like throwing up and a sore throat.  I feel exhausted as I been traveling back and forth from my brother's to my apartment

I am trying to calm down, but feel burnt out like I will end up in the hospital.  I am having some Mint tea.

I threw up about 7 times and feel sick like when I quit the pills in Jan 21 and almost collapsed.  I am really scared I will have to go to the hospital.  I am calling the nurses line to dee if i need to see a doctor at the hospital..  Also  i found a roach in my tiny room which stressed me out more.  I don't want to be up all night throwing up like last time.  My brother fell asleep so I have nobody to help me.

I am going to reinstate I can't take the sickness and withdrawal any more.  I am calling a walk in clinic to get restoril tomorrow

IMO it's not a good idea to reinstate, it may help in the short term but then you'll have to go through withdrawal all over again. Do you think you may have a bug or have eaten something that doesn't agree with you

Dom, I hope you reconsider reinstating.  You've been doing reasonably well until you started the new job and of course that is stressful - a new job is always stressful.  You need to have some coping things in place to help you along the rough patches so returning to benzos or z-drugs isn't the first option - come here and post, call a friend, get out and walk/get fresh air, watch Netflix, go to the library, etc.

Restoril would be the worst benzo that you could reinstate on.  The half life is only about 2 hours and the interdose w/d will be nasty again.  I know because I used to take it.

Restoril would be the worst benzo that you could reinstate on.  The half life is only about 2 hours and the interdose w/d will be nasty again.  I know because I used to take it.

I agree. I would steer clear of the really short-acting benzos, esp. if you plan on trying to take something on a chronic basis for a little while. You sound like you are really struggling, Dom. I so wish we had better, more efficacious treatment methods besides these stupid addictive drugs which make things worse for most ppl in the end.

Thanks.  I start my second day of work at 9.  I am terrified I won't be able to do it.  My back hurts and it is a cashier bakery job

I told them I could only work 4 to 5 hours shifts. I haven't tried to get pills as they are pretty much impossible to get.  O have thrown up 3 times since I quit the pills and gone 2 hospital twice throwing up.  I think the bennzos messed up my stomach.  I can't drink any juice or Frappuccino or it makes me throw up.  I am supposed to work in 2.5 hours and I woke up too early at 5 and have no food for breakfast or lunch besides oatmeal.  I will have to eat put.  I am having financial problems and that's why I need to work.  Thanks all I don't want to go to work.  My stomach hurt from Tylenol.

Dom, I've thrown up from anxiety before so that could be some of the problem.  There was a time when I was so anxious about going to work that I could barely get myself out the door.  Anxiety won't kill you but it can make you terribly miserable so I get it.  Let us know how it goes.

We are here to support you.  :smitten:

Dom, maybe you could apply for SSDI so that you won't have to work anymore?  It does sound like you're very sick and injured from the benzo's.