Book Recommendations

[el...]

This thread is for posting book recommendations.

If you have read or are currently reading a book on anxiety/panic/worry/depression, etc., and you have found it to be helpful, let us know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [el...]

• [Al...]

• [Ma...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

These three books have been a life-saver for me in my 7 year struggle with anxiety:

The Energy Perscription by Constance Grauds

The Essential Rumi, collection of poetry translated by Coleman Barks

The Wisdom of Insecurity by Alan Watts

[48...]

The Anti-Anxiety Workbook: Proven Strategies to Overcome Worry, Phobias, Panic and Obsessions by: Martin Antony, PhD & Peter Norton, PhD

Mastering Your Fears and Phobias (Treatments That Work) by: Martin Antony, PhD

When Perfect Isn't Good Enough: Strategies For Coping With Perfectionism by: Martin Antony, PhD & Richard P. Swinson

10 Simple Solutions to Panic: How to Overcome Panic Attacks, Calm Physical Symptoms & Reclaim Your Life by: Martin Antony, PhD

10 Simple Solutions to Stress: How To tame Tension And Start Enjoying Your Life by: Martin Antony, PhD & Randi E. McCabe

10 Simple Solutions To Worry: How to Calm Your Mind, Relax Your Body & Reclaim Your Life by: Kevin L. Gyoerkoe, Pamela S. Wiegartz

From Panic To Power by: Lucinda Bassett

The Quiet Mind by: White Eagle

• 1 month later...

This thread is for posting book recommendations.

If you have read or are currently reading a book on anxiety/panic/worry/depression, etc., and you have found it to be helpful, let us know!

I read your ending done with seroquel! I just started it oh no! Please advice under proper forum. I hate it. Vicky

I just posted to you in your seroquel thread. Just saw it!

• 1 month later...
Dr. Claire Weekes, all her books and recordings. I have "Self help for your nerves" and "Essential help for your nerves". Excellent advice for people suffering agoraphobia, anxiety, panic, fears etc.

Dr. Claire Weekes, all her books and recordings. I have "Self help for your nerves" and "Essential help for your nerves". Excellent advice for people suffering agoraphobia, anxiety, panic, fears etc.

I love Claire Weekes! So simple yet so powerful.

[48...]

Does anyone have any links to free downloads for CW?

tigertales-

If you "google" what you are asking, a bunch of hits will come up. Not sure if they are free, some have links to other sites attached to them....why I hesitate to post them here.

Just Breathe

• 1 month later...

"Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers"

Great book with a science/medical bend to it, but very clear, humorous, and entertaining, even for people with little to no science background!

http://books.google.com/books?id=nYVAY7prrNIC&dq=why+zebras+don%3Bt+get+ulcers&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&ei=9s-zS6b0D4K4Ncblkb8J&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Full Catastrophe Living by John Kabat-Zinn

Oooh, I have that!  :thumbsup: He has another one called 'Mindful way through Depression'.

So much to read, so little time!!  :laugh:

What do you think about getting these together in a list and put it on the site somewhere?

So much to read, so little time!!  :laugh:

What do you think about getting these together in a list and put it on the site somewhere?

Well, this is the list!  :laugh:

I"ve thought of something like this too. Let me talk to the senior team and see if we can come up with something.  ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Feeling Good - Dr David Burns (the workbook)

Joy of Living- By a monk you can find it on amazon.com you can tell he is a monk cant remember his name lol

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Workbook-Again can find is on amazon.com

• 6 months later...

Greetings All,

The two books below are excellent in their clear and down to earth style. I return to them often.

Best,

Majik Man

The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook, Third Edition imple, Concise, Step-by-Step Directions for Mastery of: Relaxation, Exercise, Coping with panic, Reral-life Desensitization, Overcoming negative self-talk, Changing mistaken beliefs, Visualization, expressing feelings, Assertiveness, Self-esteem, Nutrition, Meditation), by Edmund J. Bourne, Ph.D., MJF Books, NY, Copywright 2000 by New Harbinger Publications, Inc.

Freedpm From Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: A Personalized Recovery Program for Living with Uncertainty. By Jonathan Grayson, Ph.D., Director, Anxiety and Agoraphoobia Center. Published by The Berkley Group, NY, Copyright 2003.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
just wrote in another thread about this and then saw this one..how funny.. I just mentioned the book called "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" by Dale Carnegie.  I love this guy..he is so interesting. It was written in the 40's and has some very interesting stories about all these well know people from that time like Rockefella and JC Penny and a lot of other big time millionaires.. These people were some of the biggest stress cases and worriers and they actually got through it and wrote a little bit about it at the request of the author for his book.. There are also dozens of person stories about people who lived through the days of the Dust Bowl and great depression. They are quick short stories so they really hold your interest and best of all you relate to them.  Love it :smitten:

• 1 month later...
The Anxiety & Phobia Workbook by Edmund J. Bourne....this an excellent book and has helped me tremendously