Dec./2022: "From One Fight to Another: A Veteran's Benzodiazepine Story"

[La...]

This excerpt comes from the "Medicating Normal" YouTube video series:

"From One Fight to Another: A Veteran's Benzodiazepine Story"

LCDR Keller gave this talk on Veterans Day, 2022, as the keynote at the Veterans Prostate Cancer Awareness Foundation gala, at the National Press Club in Washington, DC.

LCDR Keller is an engineer, entrepreneur, former F-14 Tomcat Radar Intercept Officer (RIO), and seasoned combat veteran who retired from the United States Navy, having survived a first round of prostate cancer and with PTSD.  He had a difficult experience with the VA and, like so many others, was medicated into oblivion (Ativan)...and then the prostate cancer came back.  It turns out that the tolerance/dependence induced by years on Ativan set him up for the biggest fight of his life.  Having survived all of this, he is now simply grateful to be alive.

You're welcome, Pamster and Libertas! I was thinking about the film "Medicating Normal" and thought I'd check out their YouTube videos again. I didn't realize that they've been continuing to create more. Great work on their part! I'm glad I could share them with others around here too. The more people who see them, the better.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Lapis!  Brutally honest speaker.  I'm so glad he is ok!  I've wondered for awhile if psych meds, especially benzos, have anything to do with veteran deaths and this speaker thinks that they do.  So tragic.

Yes, and Angela Peacock, one of the subjects of the film "Medicating Normal", is also a veteran. She was heavily medicated for her grief and PTSD. It's a miracle that she is alive and doing so well after being prescribed so many psych drugs.