withdrawal symptoms, anxiety, procrastination, bad feelings

[si...]

hi, i am 26 years old, i am a lawyer, but i earn a minimum of money, i don't have a very busy job, i'm doing a master's degree, i love reading related to my field or literature. I started to have an intense anxiety disorder for the last two years, so I was faced with procrastination and not being able to finish the work I started. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but I couldn't decide what to do and in what order, and I found myself doing nothing. Sometimes I would go to the bookstore, buy a book to read, read 50 pages, go back to the bookstore after 2 3 days and buy a new book. In this way, nearly twenty books piled up in front of me. Since I could never decide which one to read, I could not read a book for a long time, although I love to read. Even though I can handle my daily, important tasks, I have come to the point of giving up other chores altogether. I often find myself in bed thinking of all the work I have to do the next day. Even though the day I'm in bed isn't over, I always make plans for the next day, and it takes me months, eventually years. Exactly with these complaints, I first went to the psychologist and then to the doctor and I used citoles 10 mg for 6 months. Even though I didn't feel great, the drugs made me a little better, I was doing my jobs a little more comfortably or I didn't feel bad when I couldn't do it. like some numbness. Afterwards, my dreams got very complicated and I couldn't wake up in the morning. At the end of 6 months, before the doctor's control, I reduced the drug to 5 milligrams and then stopped. I felt very good in the first week, but at the end of a week, dizziness, electrification, pain, palpitations started. it went on for 2 weeks, getting lighter, somehow I endured it. At the end of 3 months, I went back to the beginning and started to experience intense anxiety. I made a psychiatry appointment again and started using citoles 10 mg again. The first month was not very effective, so the doctor increased it to 15 milligrams. I used 15 mg for 2 or 3 months, but the drug did not work well for me, moreover, my thoughts of harming myself started, and in the last 1 month, they became very intense. Even while I was praying, I could not get rid of the thoughts of harming myself, I was crying. I went to the doctor again and explained the situation, this time xanax and venegis for anxiety started. I took these drugs, I used them for a day, but I felt like a subject on the one hand because the doctor said that after 1 month, he would make adjustments to my medications again. So I realized that using drugs didn't do me any good, on the contrary, it made me numb, sometimes it made me feel worse, so I quit completely. This happened 20 days ago. I felt good again in the first days, but after a while, withdrawal conditions started, such as sudden dizziness, sudden anger, electrification, palpitations, short-term confusion, forgetfulness. On the one hand, withdrawal symptoms decrease, but the anxiety levels intensify, I am unable to do even the tasks that I find important, I experience mental confusion, tension pains, sleep disorders, procrastination, and inability to put things right. I saw this site by chance two weeks ago, but I don't know how to use it and I'm waiting for your help.

• Like 1

Hi Sinequanonasu,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

We’re glad you found us.

Reading through your intro, it seems as though you have a pre-existing anxiety condition, and the medications may have only exacerbated the symptoms. There’s also the question of withdrawing from the medications you mention. Withdrawal from these medications can be very similar to withdrawal from benzodiazepines with a potential recovery period of 6 - 18 months. This makes me wonder if you weren’t still going through the recovery period when you went back to the doctor and had the medication reinstated, which seems to have caused an increase in symptoms. I’m so sorry you have been experiencing these thoughts of self-harm, it must be terrible. However, you have come to the right place to not only educate yourself about the potential adverse effects of these medications, but also connect with other members having similar experiences who are only too happy to share their stories and answer any questions you may have.

I suggest you first take a look at the Ashton Manual in the links below, as it has information about antidepressant medications causing similar withdrawal syndrome to benzodiazepines. It will also be helpful to peruse the section on withdrawal symptoms, and may help decrease some of the fear surrounding your experience.

Also access the link on Other Medications, and feel free to start a thread asking others to offer their experiences with these particular medications.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply here.

Again, welcome!

Here are the links to help you get started.

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Symptoms

Other Medications

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

WS

Hi Sinequanonasu,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I am so sorry that you are going through such a distressing time. I am not familiar with some of the medications that you have been prescribed, but I am familiar with going through a variety of medications  trying to find one that works. It can be painful and frustrating.

I would encourage you to start a thread about your medications, what your going through, or any questions you might have. I would also encourage you to be patient, as it may take the most helpful person a bit of time to read your post and reply. This is a great forum and I have received valuable feedback here.

Please treat yourself with kindness and care, as you would a loved one. You can get past this.

Pop