Hello

[Ma...]

Hi, as my doctor cut off my scripts ; I have had to go cold turkey from 5 mg of diazepam, which I took for 16 years for anxiety and depression. And panadeine forte (codeine 30mg) x 2 a day for 12 months. It has been pretty rough. But I have managed to continue to work (I clean houses) and even started to get some sleep in last few days. The extreme anxiety and panic attacks have calmed down a bit too. Could it be that I am past the worst of things? It has been 2 1/2 weeks only…

Thank you for reading 💚

Hi MammaRoo :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies

I'm glad that you joined our community.  I am so sorry you were forced to cold turkey after 16 years, that’s awful.  You could try and find a doctor to reinstate and slow taper.  It seems like you are coping but symptoms can still kick in.  The withdrawal symptoms are temporary and will get better but it can take time.  Please check out the forum and post questions for members to respond

Check out The Ashton Manual,  I found it a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body, It also has a list of common symptoms 

Here are a few helpful links

The Ashton Manual

Post withdrawal recovery support.   

Cold Turkey, Detox& Rapid Withdrawal

If you care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita