Hello 👋

[hk...]

Hello,

Hope all of you are doing well.So happy that I found this forum. I am looking forward to getting support from you guy regarding my benzo withdrawl symptoms that I have been experiencing for 8 months. I was taking xanax 0.25 for 4 months for sleep issues and then decided to stop taking it cold turkey(bad decision I guess).I believe from benzo withdrawl I have developed this itching sensation all over

my body which only goes away when I take zyrtec! I don't have any other symptoms. I don't know what's wrong with me. I have been seeing an allergist and she has done tons of tests on me to find out why I am itching all over my body and cannot seem to figure out what is wrong with me.

ALL my blood work has been good. 24 hr urine test for methylhistamine was in normal range. My serum tryptase was normal as well. I still have to do 2 more 24 hr urine tests for 5hiaa and prostaglandin. I dont know what's going on with me, I am just Concerned! Please let me know if anyone has been through this and what helped!

Hello, hk111 - Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm so glad you decided to join the forum - you'll find plenty of information and support here. Our members have gone through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, so you'll be able to connect with others who understand what you're going through and can tell you what has worked for them.

Congrats on making it out 8 months.  That is a huge accomplishment.  The itching sounds awful.  Hopefully you will find others here that can share experiences with you.

Please feel free to post to any of the specialized boards, which can all be accessed from the BenzoBuddies Community Forum homepage. Based on the information provided in your introduction, the following links may be a good starting place for you:

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal

Again, welcome!

JBen021

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]