Taper K

[Up...]

Hello Upinthesky75 :hug:

Welcome to benzobuddies, we are glad you found us. Well done in starting your taper, you are doing the best thing for your future health coming off benzodiazepines.  Slow is the best way to go with these drugs.  The rule of thumb is to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days. Taper at a rate you feel comfortable with.  You'll find a great community of people here who will support and encourage you.  Feel free to check out the forum and to post to any of the dedicated boards, 

A good resource i found, is the Ashton Manual, finding the manual was a huge part of me getting well.  It’s great for learning about these meds and for taper plans.

Here a few links to resources:

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual 

You might wish to post to this support thread:

Klonopin Klub

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Please let us know If you have any questions.

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Which is the best taper method? Liquid or dry cut? I am so confused and just want off of this pill. I am so scared of withdrawals as I tried before and was very sick. I suffer  anxiety so the thought of coming off makes me even more anxious

Which is the best taper method? Liquid or dry cut? I am so confused and just want off of this pill. I am so scared of withdrawals as I tried before and was very sick. I suffer  anxiety so the thought of coming off makes me even more anxious

We are all scared at first, you are going to be okay, don't worry!  Check out the taper boards and the Klonopin thread, do a little research before you choose the best method for you.  Some are  okay with dry taper some choose a liquid method to slow the process down,

Check out the anxiety board, if you scroll through it, you might find some ideas that may help.

Anxiety     

It will eventually get easier

Magrita :smitten: