Totally unexpected

[Ba...]

Hi , I'm Baqarah and I'm healing from benzo injury. My time was 4 months. Mornings are my worse, along with adrenal surges. Not fun and just looking for reassurance and understanding of the healing  process.

Hello Baraqah, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Can you tell us a bit more, what drug were you taking and was your total time taking it 4 months or did you taper for that long?  We're happy you've found us, we need support while going through this because its impossible to understand what we feel unless you've been or have gone through it. 

I'll provide some links to help you navigate the forum but please ask questions, we're here to help.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support

• 1 month later...
Thanks and sorry for the late reply. I was on Klonipin 0.5 for about 4 months 0.5 mg at night. I wasn't aware of how to taper but researched and saw that slow tapering was best. I tapered about 3 weeks to a months time. Not slow aIt'sl. It’s been almost 8 months and I feeI'mike I’m back in acute or the beginning stages. Whatever this is very its rough as nails at times to deal with. Aka would come and go and for the lastit'sth it’s sitting It's . It’s inner and thankdon'tI don’t feel a need to pace. I still have adrenal surgthey'vethey’ve also increased in duration. They used to come on strong and make me feel like a rocket was under mAny😭😭Any positive feedback is definitely appreciated. I forget I took 1 mg about 8-10 times. I was given 1mg  twice a day but only took it once at night. Thanks for accepting me on the site.

I know 8 months is a long time to be suffering like this but we rarely see recovery before the year mark and  its most often longer than that so please don't worry this is the new you, this is temporary.

Our healing isn't linear so its common to feel good for a time, then to know a return of symptoms.  Then of course I'm sure you already know that the symptoms can change, go away, change to new ones or disappear completely while in a window. 

I hope you'll take a look around the forum and find others who share the same symptoms you do.

• 1 month later...
Sorry for the late reply. I’m tryin to find other like me or who were like me and suffered from the internal shakes. This is hard and waking up trembling is also tough. It gets better in the evening but it’s still there. I’m trying  to search for stories like mine.  :-[

Pretty much everyone here suffers with the trembling and shaking, it was my last symptom to leave and most here report mornings being worse for symptoms so you're not alone.  If you start a thread on thePost-withdrawal Recovery Support board you'll find many who suffer as you do.  Not many members visit the introductions board since its mostly for welcoming new members.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for being so kind. Almost 9 months and feeling like I’m back at the beginning. Ok I will take a look at Success stories.

Sorry for the late reply. I’m tryin to find other like me or who were like me and suffered from the internal shakes. This is hard and waking up trembling is also tough. It gets better in the evening but it’s still there. I’m trying  to search for stories like mine.  :-[

I have shakes that are visible externally as well both during tapering and post-taper.  Mostly in my legs.  Feels like my footing is unstable and I can't walk in a straight line, although this is subjective and often people observing me don't notice anything wrong.

Does your inner trembling feel like a car idling? Do you also have surges? I know it’s rough and most of us have never even heard of meds causes the horrific symptoms.

Does your inner trembling feel like a car idling? Do you also have surges? I know it’s rough and most of us have never even heard of meds causes the horrific symptoms.

Not quite as pronounced as a car idling.  I notice it in my legs when I am walking.  If I sit down on the couch and rest my weight partially on one arm, I can feel a shaking - kind of like a nervous twitch.