Heavy, Doom & Thrash Metal Thread

[ro...]

Title says it all. For those who love heavy music, can tolerate it and use it to get you through the storms and dark seasons, here you go.

Starting with the roots to it all...

Black Sabbath ~ "Black Sabbath"

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ro...]

• [th...]

• [Sa...]

• [Tr...]

Slayer or Priest or Maiden is my go to usually.Slayer is my favorite though not saying they are better,just my flavor.Black Sabbath is an epic of all epics.But here's one off their newer albums.This is from the Big 4 in Sofia Bulgaria just before Jeff got that necrotizing fasciitis from that spider bite.They even got Dave Lombardo back on the drums.Anyways here you go.

RIP Jeff

Slayer or Priest or Maiden is my go to usually.Slayer is my favorite though not saying they are better,just my flavor.Black Sabbath is an epic of all epics.But here's one off their newer albums.This is from the Big 4 in Sofia Bulgaria just before Jeff got that necrotizing fasciitis from that spider bite.They even got Dave Lombardo back on the drums.Anyways here you go.

RIP Jeff

Loudest concerts I ever attended were Slayer's. The music rattles your guts and hard boils your brain it's so loud. 'Tis good.

• 2 weeks later...

Aah, sweet memories of high school in the early 90's and smokin' doobies in my friend's basement blasting this shit right here...

Pantera ~ Domination

Cool thread. I rediscovered my love of metal a few years ago and have been going to live shows again. I'm 48 so I just stand at the edge of the pit pushing sweaty moshers back in and pull out once it gets too nuts. So far I've seen Mastodon, Yob, Bless the Fall, Devil Wears Prada, Pallbearer, Morne, Obituary and the Sword. Nothing like a loud metal show to get out of my head and into the moment, but ear plugs are your friend!

Cool thread. I rediscovered my love of metal a few years ago and have been going to live shows again. I'm 48 so I just stand at the edge of the pit pushing sweaty moshers back in and pull out once it gets too nuts. So far I've seen Mastodon, Yob, Bless the Fall, Devil Wears Prada, Pallbearer, Morne, Obituary and the Sword. Nothing like a loud metal show to get out of my head and into the moment, but ear plugs are your friend!

You're able to go to concerts? Shit, I can't even walk past the end of my fucking driveway!

I came across The Sword a few years ago. I'm digging the DOOM!

The Sword ~ "How Heavy This Axe"

You're able to go to concerts? Shit, I can't even walk past the end of my fucking driveway!

LOL! Metal is my therapy!

I had tickets to the Slayer/anthrax/testament/LOG/Behemoth concert here at the fairgrounds in orlando this past June but had to skip due to withdrawals..... >:(

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 64 years old, and all my friends hate my music. When I'm driving, car or MC, this is my favorite:

R.I.P. Lemmy.