Class Action Lawsuit

[...]

I am wondering why a class action law suit has not yet happened here in America? It has in the UK. Has anyone tried this before? I know a regular attorney will not touch this.

I'd love to start collecting email addresses and present at least 500 names to a class action firm.

Am I being silly for even thinking of doing such a thing? Please let me know.

Hello 1999.  I see you are a new member so may not be aware that filing a class action lawsuit is a recurring topic here in BenzoBuddies.  If you’d like to find/read previous discussions, you can use the Search function. For example, here is a recent discussion between members JustInTime and MsAtomicBomb:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=183438.msg3072920#msg3072920

I am wondering why a class action law suit has not yet happened here in America? It has in the UK. Has anyone tried this before? I know a regular attorney will not touch this.

I'd love to start collecting email addresses and present at least 500 names to a class action firm.

Am I being silly for even thinking of doing such a thing? Please let me know.

Hello 1999,

Thanks for bringing this up.  While you aren't asking for email addresses and names I would just ask that you be mindful of forum policy on this as follows (Rules & Guidelines for the BenzoBuddies Community):

You are not permitted to post your contact details to the BenzoBuddies forum. Nor should you solicit the contact details of other members. Links to, or requests to join, Facebook or any other social networking websites which might potentially identify members' true identities are not allowed.

Members and visitors to the BenzoBuddies website and community are not allowed to compile data, email addresses or personally identifying information of our members, nor solicit such information from our membership.

Take care,

Brighterday

• 1 year later...

I have the same questions. I watched The Crime of the Century on HBO Max - about opioids. I thought so much about the klonopin I was routinely prescribed for 25 years. I recently read another article about dementia: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1560702/dementia-symptoms-increase-risk-benzodiazepine

I am worried about my brain and put my faith in my doctors.