HELP with changing from 0.5 klono to 2mg Val for taper

[Wa...]

Received this in a pm from Waltor this afternoon re dosing:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got home from work, sorry about the confusion, I did take 1/2 tab of the 0.5mg when I first got them and then the next morn which I think would have been tue I took a 1/2 tab in the morn and whole tab that night. Since I have no idea of the best time to take them. Then wed I recvd the valium. today I took 1  2mg V this morning and 1  around 1:30. I took no K today, I guess Im just really mixed up because I feel I have a limited amount to wk with and that adding to my already over sensitized anxiety. I hope you dont mind the direct message. I have to go the doctor for my shoulder, I hurt last week in aikido......Thank you so much

Waltor 

-------------------

And my response:

I posted your information on your thread so everyone can see it. If you are sure you can't get more klonopin, and I mean REALLY SURE, be sure to post that on your thread, repeat how many of each drug and strength you have left on your thread and hopefully Vicky can take another look at it.  The idea of a crossover is to slowly replace the klonopin with the valium until you are only on valium. If you can't get more k., you will have to do it much faster and take what comes. 

See you at the forum.

[95...]
I did take 1/2 tab of the 0.5mg when I first got them and then the next morn which I think would have been tue I took a 1/2 tab in the morn and whole tab that night. Since I have no idea of the best time to take them.

Then wed I recvd the valium. today I took 1  2mg V this morning and 1  around 1:30.

Waltor, I'm still a little confused over how much you are taking.  Are you just taking .5mg K when you feel you need it, or are you taking a very definate amount each day?  Before you cross over to V you really need to stablise your daily dose, unless you just want to drop the K for the V?  Taking haphazard doses of K and V (if this is what you are doing) is not really the way to go.

Sorry it's difficult to advise you when we don't know exactly what you are taking each day.  :-\

I guess given the circumstance I m going to be dropping the K in place of the V because Ive only about 4-5 K left. Im a little nervous though. If I do that How much and when should I be taking the 2mg of V. Im sorry I m making this so confusing..thanks for your patience..

Waltor :idiot:

[95...]

Ok  :)

How much of the K do you need to take before you feel some kind of resolution of symptoms to the extent that you feel you can handle it okay?

I was getting by on 2  0.5mg tabs a day before I started my rapid taper which didnt go so well. Now here I am with a bottle of 2mg V and I dont know what to do. the doc wrote the standard Take 3 a day for a week the taper as needed...thats a lot of help... see what I mean..

Thank you

Waltor

[95...]
1mg K is equivalent to 20mg V for tapering purposes.  Do you feel you need to go back to the 0.5mg twice a day or could you manage on less do you think?

[95...]

:)

ok no probs... :thumbsup:

When you have decided how much K you can get by on, post here and I'll tell you how much V Ashton recommends to replace it.