Klonopin taper and seizures

[sw...]

OK,I have been on benzos pretty much for 18 years,laast may i stopped xanax cold turkey went into a mental hospital,there i was put on cymbalta risperdal and ativan i was there 2 weeks,,,later after getting out i wa sput on and they stopedd the ativan.Moving on eventually all meds except klonopin were stopped then this last jan a dr stop the klonopin and put me on low dose of ativan back intoa  hospital i went.. there the dr put me back on xanan that was Feb 7 08 in april i asked to be taken off it so he started tapering me off 1 mg 3 times aday of xanax using 0.5 mg of klonopin 4 times aday.....i got down to 1 mg of xanax and he started tapering me off the klonopin on may 28 he said drop one pill every 10 days  so i dropped to 3 pills...tried to go to 2 but reallly fekt bad so i went back to 3 now i have been doing 2 1/2 pills of the klonopin and still the 1 mg of xanax......i feel awful lots of one sided head pain but i do have bad sinues and have to have surgery the past week my blood pressure and heart rate have been doing wierd things.......and everyone keeps telling me i could have a seizure so now im so scared i dont feel like doing anything.and im home alone to day and i have a headdache so i think im having a seixure..........should i be conceened about this.my dr is on vacation and the oncall dr says he doont hink i will have a seixure but im dizzy shakey and so scared i am tapering slow i think/is there a big chance i could have a seizure.................................i know im so full of stresss thats its affecting my whole body and even after taking my klonopin and xanax they dont calm me down..........this is gonna kill me.......Please any advice .I dont want to have a s eizure

Doctors! From one benzo to another to another and bouncing back to the original all in the name of helping.

Certainly a headache is not an indicator of an imminent seizure and if I read correctly you haven't cold turkeyed have you? If not, the chances of a seizure should be slim to none. Your fears are created by your physiological reactions to the benzos which mimic terror and which we have all experienced to one degree or another. RIght now we need to get you stabilized at a workable dose, and then begin a slow taper.

Good luck.

Tony