Here's my taper plan, past, present and future (hopefully it works!)

[Ap...]

Okay, started direct clonazepam taper on March 28th.  Didn't really find a good stable route until April 6th.  Since then it's been like this:

(Note:  I only take clonazepam in one dose, for some reason that's always worked for me (slow metabolism perhaps on my part))

April 6th-May 14th: 2.5mgs daily @ bedtime

May 15th-May 24th: 2.25mgs daily @ bedtime

May 25th-June 3rd: 2mgs daily @ bedtime

June 4th-June 13th: 1.75mgs daily @ bedtime

June 14th-July 4th: 1.5mgs daily @ bedtime

July 5th-July 24th: 1.25mgs daily @ bedtime

July 25th-August 23rd: 1mg daily @ bedtime

August 24th-September 22nd: 0.75mg daily @ bedtime

September 23rd-October 22nd: 0.625mg daily @ bedtime

October 23rd-November 21st: 0.5mg daily @ bedtime

November 22nd-December 21st: 0.325mg daily @ bedtime

December 22nd-January 20th: 0.25mg daily @ bedtime

January 21st-February 3rd: 0.21875mg daily @ bedtime

February 4th-February 17th: 0.1875mg daily @ bedtime

February 18th-March 2nd: 0.15625mg daily @ bedtime

March 3rd-March 16th: 0.125mg daily @ bedtime

March 17th-March 30th: 0.09375mg daily @ bedtime

March 31st-April 13th: 0.0625mg daily @ bedtime

April 14th-April 27th: 0.03125mg daily @ bedtime

STOP CLONAZEPAM

My only problem with this schedule may be with the final part of it all, I don't know if I have enough 0.25mg cut tabs to clearly establish this wean. But a 0.03125mg cut is like a 0.625mg diazepam cut, which seems tolerable enough.  In the end I'll be taking someone's advice from here and use:  1/2 cup of milk; 1 tablespoon+ taken out of mixture every two weeks; crushed up either 1/4 of 1mg pill or 1/2 of 0.5mg pill.  This avoids 50% dry cuts, and the only 50% cut will be at the second to last cut.  But, wow, what a loooong road down. (I could shorten the dry cuts from 30 days to 21 days if I fail to get refills)

Another alternative would be to start doing the titration from .5mgs and calculate when I get there as far as how much clonazepam I have left.

-Doug

Wow Doug, sounds like a good plan and I hope it works well for you.  Hope you are feeling OK.  I know there are so many ups and downs and even lots of "sideways" days  :wacko: on the benzo recovery journey.  Remember, you know yourself best and are the best judge of how to do your taper. 

Again, in terms of the titration, I'm kinda a dummy.  I know that I will probably need to do the titration method at the end of my taper even though I'm on Valium. 

It is a looong road, isn't it.  But, you've traveled a long way already.  Hopefully you can get the support you need here on those hard days.  I know it's really helped me believe in myself more and know that recovery is very do-able, it just takes like you said, "a looong time".

Hang in There!  You're doing great :thumbsup:

Maggie 

Hi, Doug,

It's hard to make up a schedule and stick to it absolutely, because as we get near the end, sometimes the cuts that were tolerable in the beginning are now too big for us. So you'll just have to listen to your body to see what you can handle.

About dissolving the pill in milk...it's best to dissolve whole pills. Since you're making small cuts with the milk solution, you'll want to be sure that you're starting with *exactly* .5 mg of Klonopin or whatever size pills you have. Otherwise, the margin for error on starting with an already-cut pill is great enough that it can "undo" the accuracy you wanted to achieve with the little milk cuts. Hope this makes sense.

Yes, it is a long road. But it's well worth it!

T.