Klonopin Syrup

[...]

I am thinking ahead to my taper.  I am on .25mgs of klonopin twice a day, and from reading and researching can see that the smaller doses are more difficult to taper, because the cuts are harder to make.  I have been interested in a liquid titration because of that and because from what it sounds like, they may be easier on the body all the way around.  I have also been curious about titrating with klonopin syrup.  It sounds like it might be easier as far as measuring and preparation (might be only minimal or no preparation?).  However, it might be very expensive also, which is a consideration.

I came across the name and phone number of a pharmacy in the U.K. (folks in the states and other places - keep reading) that can order the syrup -

Prestwich Pharmacy, phone, 0161-798-9932.

There are probably other pharmacies too.  I am on the other side of the ocean...but thought the name and number might be of use to  others.  I've just started some research for the states and talked to a friend who is knowledgeable about withdrawal.  She said the syrup is available in the states too.

This sounds like another option for titration.  I would be interested to know if others have tried it and how they found it as far as measuring the reduced doses.

Hi millargirl,

Your welcome.

As I learn more I will post it on this thread...also will be interested to hear from others.

Take Care.

Hi Kris,

Liquid Klonopin should be available most places. You need to search for 'compounding pharmacies'. Doctors should be able to prescribe it both in the UK and the States.

Hi Kris,

Liquid Klonopin should be available most places. You need to search for 'compounding pharmacies'. Doctors should be able to prescribe it both in the UK and the States.

Seriously, I wonder if I've lost half my marbles. I just googled "compounding pharmacies" for canada and found a link! Looks like I need to go all the way to Victoria or Calgary. Hmmm. Which one.

This link is for Austrailia and Canada if anyone wants: http://www.project-aware.org/Resource/Pharm1.shtml

And one more miscellaneaous loooong list: http://dmoz.org/Health/Pharmacy/Pharmacies/Compounding/

Collin, thanks for the info that the syrup will need to come from a compounding pharmacy.

Millargirl, thanks for the links.

I am going to check with local pharmacies to see if they can order the syrup from one of the compounding pharmacies.  Also, it looks like some of the compounding pharmacies will ship.

I would be interested to hear from others who have titrated with syrup.

Kris

I called my local pharmacies and asked if they compound.  Some of them do and said they can make up the syrup for me from a doctor's prescription that states what the dose of Klonopin is per ml.  Maybe this will be helpful to others.