Needing Titration Help / Advice

[mi...]

Hi,

Yes, you can use water, but you need to take extra care. Try this link for a method using water. We will help you decide how much water you should use.

Water will not suspend the benzo particles as well as milk. However, if you follow the instructions carefully, you should be fine. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Colin, does this titration work if I work with only 1 tablet. One 2mg tablet. My doctor isn't being totally supportive and prescribed me 2mg tablets again.

Hi,

Have you made your doctor aware that you are trying to quit? If so, that's plain obtrusive. Anyway, yes you can use any size tablets.

Colin, I'm not sure how to work out the titration with the 2mg tablets. I posted that in the other blog but can't seem to reply to it. Perhaps you locked that blog, I don't know.

This is what I came up with; and yes I have told my doc that I'm tapering off the meds. He's never really been supportive, but I just keep working with him despite it. I can't apply for another doctor unless I move.

(days/tablets) / rate = volume

(14 / 1 ) / 0.05 = volume

14 / 0.05 = 280

If the volume is more than 100ml, you will need to divide this by the lowest possible whole number (what's that?) so that the volume equals less than 100ml. This is so that the liquid will fit your 100ml cylinder. We will refer to this number as 'period' and is the number of days taken between each new cut. Mostly, however, the volume will be less than 100ml without any additional division. In which case, you will make daily cuts instead.

period = The number of days between each new cut.

not sure how to proceed from that ...  :-\