Titration matters

[Co...]

Hi,

I've answered a few people a little earlier about titration, but I'm unsure if I've covered everyone that was waiting for instructions. We are not quite ready to publish a full working method, but we can supply details to individuals who need to titrate now. You should find the instructions very simple to follow. There is some pretty straightforward measuring of liquid involved, but no calculations or tables to look up.

You will need a 100ml measuring cylinder, marked off at 1ml intervals.

If are looking for help with titration, write a list of previous reductions, stating how long you stayed at the new dose, and how you felt - as best as you can remember.

Let us know which benzo you are taking, the daily dose, the size (dose) of the tablets you use, the times and dose of your individual doses throughout a full day. From this we should be able to suggest a way forward.

Colin, will they also need a syringe to help with disposing of 1 ml of liquid a day? They can pour it out directly from the cylinder, but a syringe would help them to fine-tune it. I'm not sure if the size of the syringe matters.

They could tip the cylinder, to remove most of the disposed liquid (to some other container in case they pour out too much), and the tip of a teaspoon to make the final adjustment. But yes, a syringe (or oral dispenser) would make this a lot easier, I'm sure. :)