back to square 1.

[cr...]

I'm taking 15mg of Zopiclone a night to sleep. I've gone back to a bad situation, and am currently taking Risperidone 2mg, Remeron 45mg, Ativan 1mg (occasionally), and Zopiclone 15mg.

I was on 7.5mg to begin with but the effect wore off, now feel dependent on it to sleep. I want to start tapering off Zopiclone first. I don't think i was on Ativan long enough to develop a dependency so i'm trying just to not take any. Does anyone have a withdrawal schedule which I could use without converting to Valium, i'm not sure about the hassle of switching. What would be the best way forward, because i'm not keen about ever going back on Valium again. I would be grateful for a taper plan to get off this Zopiclone first. Then deal with the next drug.

Cheers,

Criptey.

Hiya Criptey,

Thanks for posting to the forum.

As I said in the Chat area, you should just stop the Ativan as you use it infrequently. Once you have managed to reliably not take the Ativan, we can then start you on a direct taper off the Zopiclone. I suggest that you use the titration method (making your benzos into a liquid) to allow for a slow taper off. We will work through this with you.

[d1...]

I'm taking 15mg of Zopiclone a night to sleep. I've gone back to a bad situation, and am currently taking Risperidone 2mg, Remeron 45mg, Ativan 1mg (occasionally), and Zopiclone 15mg.

I was on 7.5mg to begin with but the effect wore off, now feel dependent on it to sleep. I want to start tapering off Zopiclone first. I don't think i was on Ativan long enough to develop a dependency so i'm trying just to not take any. Does anyone have a withdrawal schedule which I could use without converting to Valium, i'm not sure about the hassle of switching. What would be the best way forward, because i'm not keen about ever going back on Valium again. I would be grateful for a taper plan to get off this Zopiclone first. Then deal with the next drug.

Cheers,

Criptey.

Hi Cripety,

I agree with Colin that being certain you are stable of the Ativan and then tackling the Zopiclone would be the best way forward. If it really is very infrequent and you havent taken any for a while and you feel relatively stable then we could work with you to organise a taper plan using a liquid mix.  You are the best judge of when you feel ready to start.

Vicky  :)