Michael Jackson

[jj...]

Took this from another site, so I don't know to its accuracy..

On June 22 Murray said he gave Jackson a cocktail of drugs similar to what he gave him on the day he died, June 25 -- propofol, Ativan and Versed, which helped the star fall asleep, according to the documents. On June 23 he gave Jackson only the Ativan and Versed, which helped him sleep.

-- At about 1:30 a.m., Murray gave Jackson 10 mg of Valium.

-- At about 2 a.m., he injected Jackson with 2 mg of the anti-anxiety drug Ativan.

-- At about 3 a.m., Murray then administered 2 mg of the sedative Versed.

-- At about 5 a.m., he administered another 2 mg of Ativan.

-- At about 7:30 a.m., Murray gave Jackson yet another 2 mg of Versed while monitoring him with a device that measured the oxygen saturation of his blood.

-- At about 10:40 a.m., "after repeated demands/requests from Jackson," Murray administered 25 mg of propofol, the document said.

[4c...]

I've been very interested in this also.  It was probably the combo of propofol along with the benzos that stopped his breathing.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propofol

"Contraindications and interactions

The respiratory effects of propofol are potentiated by other respiratory depressants, including benzodiazepines.[19]"

I researched the effects of the combo of opioids and benzos last year because my friend's fiance died suddenly (aspirated in his sleep) after a successful knee surgery....he was prescribed pain killers and valium at the same time when that is not recommended.  They are both respiratory depressants also. Doctors don't seem to be up on their drug combos.

I don't think that propofol is an opioid, I was just sharing that as another example. 

[4c...]
They said it was from his withdrawal from painkillers...demerol?...I think.  It wasn't clear to me if he was taking any benzos regularly before the last night.  Do you know if he was?  I automatically thought it was the Ativan back when it happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Begs the question what caused the insomnia

Yup. Anybody who needed that much tranx and wanted more, must have been using for a while.

I wonder if MJ new the truth about tranx, and, if he tried but couldn't stop using.

They said it was from his withdrawal from painkillers...demerol?...I think.  It wasn't clear to me if he was taking any benzos regularly before the last night.  Do you know if he was?  I automatically thought it was the Ativan back when it happened.

If he was not able to go to sleep from 10 mg of valium, 2 mg of versed, and 4 mg of ativan (all given intravenously, I believe), then I'd say he was very likely hooked on benzos.

I had a biopsy done and they administered intraveneously versed..it was incredible...major euphoria..it was adminsitered by an anesthesiologist. It's just awful that he was on so many different drugs...sad

Hey Jittery,

Just got back from the honeymoon...wedding was perfect and honeymoon was awesome.  Its nice to enjoy things in life again.

• 2 weeks later...

Did MJ dose himself and overdosed by accident or did his doc make this up to get off the hook?

Why would his doc administer to high a dosage of propofol?

What do you think?

Did MJ dose himself and overdosed by accident or did his doc make this up to get off the hook?

Why would his doc administer to high a dosage of propofol?

What do you think?

I don't think it matters, at all.  From the testimony, it sounds like this guy was so unprofessional about his actions and having the necessary equipment around for it to count as manslaughter whether he pushed the drugs or not.  I do believe that MJ would likely have pushed himself a dose if he woke up and thought he could do it while (or because) the doctor was away.  MJ was very complicit in his own death at a minimum doctor shopping around until he could find a doctor so unethical as to give him surgical antestia as a sleep aide and unfortunately got all of the incompetance that came with it.