MUST SEE FOR ALL BENZOBUDDIES $$$$

[rs...]

Just watched this last night. It is not meant for anyone to form an opinion or stop taking medication. Google- National Geographic documentaries- Drop down menu-Drugs - ___"Making a Killing". rstud

[83...]

You know.. I have forgiven the prescriber of the Klonopin.. I found holding onto is worthless and it is not good for our healing...

Sigh.......

Big Pharma is ugly, I know.

I have watched video after video, seen petition after petition... and the Benzo's are still being prescribed as I type this!

I find that holding on to all of these things .. hate and so on just hinders healing.

Yes my Neuro Psychiatrist prescribed me Klonopin.. I let her and Big Pharma go already. What good is it going to do me, holding onto to this within a cycle of healing.

Really!?  ::)

Part of healing is "Letting Go"..

I could sit and think of a zillion things to hold onto and blaming this, who, that, but in short, I find it unhealthy and not therapeutic to my healing and peace of mind.

Besides, Big Pharma will pay one day, but for me to be on this crusade to do whatever is just shoveling smoke.

Hang in there and good luck!

You know.. I have forgiven the prescriber of the Klonopin.. I found holding onto is worthless and it is not good for our healing...

Sigh.......

Big Pharma is ugly, I know.

I have watched video after video, seen petition after petition... and the Benzo's are still being prescribed as I type this!

I find that holding on to all of these things .. hate and so on just hinders healing.

Yes my Neuro Psychiatrist prescribed me Klonopin.. I let her and Big Pharma go already. What good is it going to do me, holding onto to this within a cycle of healing.

Really!?  ::)

Part of healing is "Letting Go"..

I could sit and think of a zillion things to hold onto and blaming this, who, that, but in short, I find it unhealthy and not therapeutic to my healing and peace of mind.

Besides, Big Pharma will pay one day, but for me to be on this crusade to do whatever is just shoveling smoke.

Hang in there and good luck!

guess you won't watch it then? I did say it's not for anyone to form an opinion. I'm already on fire it's just for people who may want the truth whatever that is. should i remove it just for you?

Rstud,

As you can see, I post a lot in this section of the forum.  I do believe it serves a good purpose.  Remember though that Benzos in the News encompasses both positive news as well as negative.  The only issue I have with your post is the title.  When I post something, I tend to give a title that lets people know what they are getting.  The title you have selected will get everyone to click on it.  Even those who are sensitive to these type of subjects.

That being said,  I  see the importance of the documentaries and there are enough people here interested in them.  I believe in finding the truth in everthing.  When there are over 100 million benzo scripts written per year in the US alone with a growing year over year number since inception, it is quite upsetting. 

Let the readers make their own analysis and allow them to have their own opinions.  There is nothing wrong with what Sigma wrote.  This is still a world based on democracy and everyone has the right to express their opinions.

Thanks for the post and more importantly your passion on this subject.

Christopher   

Christopher Xll, thanks for your post. let me say the reason I posted this is I found it very interesting. I did say it is not for anyone to form an opinion one way or the other, positive or negative. The reason I titled it must see for all benzobuddies is to get attention to this important documentary. I know what time it is! If one person sees this and it opens their eyes to the problem and stops them from making the mistakes so many of us here  made, then I save one person from going through hell. To insinuate that I am a hate monger and roll your eyes and sigh is just goofy shit (sigma) I'm not pissed off about anything yet. (sigh, hands on hips eyes rolling) really? I mean it seems that some people may do research on this site and not be addicted at all,right? I didn't even post the link I just said how to get there. I have not posted 10,000 plus posts here but have just as much right as anyone to help everyone I can to make it to the other side. Preferably before they go through life threatening w/d's as I have.

Edit: Removed threat and profanity

Hey all. I watched the video and passed it on. However, there is nothing I can do about this problem. I have lost a lot of years of my life to this and I need to make peace with it and move on. 

Bear

bear, I know there is nothing we can do but get the word out, peace be with you. rstud    hey did you see the other doc's on this site. the one about the world trade center really makes me wonder too!!

[83...]

rstud,

I did not mean any disrespect in any way.

I was just giving my opinion, and I have a few life threatening withdrawals too.

So I know what you are talking about.

I have had seizures, psychosis, tachycardia, and other things because of these pills.

So I get it.

I am just giving my opinion.. and that is all it was, an opinion to let go.

Thanks, and I am sorry to hear about your withdrawals.

Christopher Xll, thanks for your post. let me say the reason I posted this is I found it very interesting. I did say it is not for anyone to form an opinion one way or the other, positive or negative. The reason I titled it must see for all benzobuddies is to get attention to this important documentary. I know what time it is! If one person sees this and it opens their eyes to the problem and stops them from making the mistakes so many of us here  made, then I save one person from going through hell. To insinuate that I am a hate monger and roll your eyes and sigh is just goofy shit (sigma) I'm not pissed off about anything yet. (sigh, hands on hips eyes rolling) really? I mean it seems that some people may do research on this site and not be addicted at all,right? I didn't even post the link I just said how to get there. I have not posted 10,000 plus posts here but have just as much right as anyone to help everyone I can to make it to the other side. Preferably before they go through life threatening w/d's as I have.

Edit: Removed threat and profanity

Hello rstud,

Will you please use the Contact the Moderation board?  

Rstud, thank you.

I was once where you are...very frustrated with the doctors who recklessly prescribed the medication, Big Pharma for not providing more warnings, and myself for not doing my own research! You are working through your withdrawal and you want to warn others...I get it!

Thank you for sharing!

• 1 month later...

I agree with some parts of the documentary... I don't believe a week of the "blues" should qualify you for antidepressants, or  a few days of feeling anxious should qualify you for anti-anxiety meds.  I watched it a few years ago and found it entertaining.

But DO keep in mind who this documentary was made by:  Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR).  It was funded the anti-psychiatry Scientologists. 

Yes, mental illness has had a dark history. And of course, not all mental illness drugs are "great".  When we, as in, on this forum, first started taking our benzos, I'm sure most of us had a medical need.  We were not expecting to become physically dependent on them, and I say shame on Big Pharma for not putting black label warnings on them.  And shame on the FDA for STILL not investigating this, and shame on some doctors who believe benzo tolerance or protracted withdrawal doesn't exist.  All I was told was: "This will take the edge off".  But I am an adult, and before I take any medication, I research it first, so I knew it was addictive.  But I compared that to the devastating, crippling anxiety and daily panic attacks and made my own choice. 

Scientologists deny that mental illnesses even exist.  So keep that in mind if you watch it. 

When L. Ron Hubbard died, an autopsy confirmed that he had Vistaryl/Atarax/Hydroxyzine (an anti-anxiety medication that is in the antihistamine class, because it's not a potent anxiolytic at all, but is still available by RX only) in his system.  Hmm!