Ex Drug Rep Comes Clean (video)

[wh...]

We live in a country where everything has been monetized.  I don't know what to make of this lady quite yet.  On the one hand, I applaud her moral stand and her attempts to raise awareness.  On the other hand, her website is a promotion of her book and a solicitation for her to speak.  For a fee of course.  Not to mention a donation tab that seemingly goes straight to her.  Perhaps a bit more transparency would be nice.  Or maybe I'm just being naive. 

http://www.gwenolsen.com/

Christopher

I see your point Christopher, if she wants a fee..then fine. the issue is too important to get hung up on that.

I see the reps at my p-docs office buying them coffee and lunches and pushing (names of drugs omitted by me)...ive taken them both and they are awful concoctions and inappropriate for me as the problem is the benzos.

It took me a long time to get my p-doc to to let me go at my own pace. I attribute that to the drug companies influence in his initial education at the teaching level and the continued barrage of inaccurate information as he practices.

I think about the tens of thousands of peeps being given the wrong things that make their conditions worse and then the doctors and families insisting that they continue to take it because the doc said so (and believes) that its the best thing because he believes the drug companies lies.

oh yeah , a free lunch probably doesnt hurt either. all for profit..its disgusting.

The Pharmaceutical industry is fric**n evil. Theyre waging psycholigical (and ultimately physical) warfare on the public with their adverts and LIES.  :tickedoff:

Were the Victims, and many more unheard of.

I suggest everyone here get pro-active as possible. If we dont do it then who will?

I saw this early on in my discovery of what was happening to me. I just knew it! I wish there were a lot more whistle blowers because the victims can't seem to blow the same whistle.  Maybe if all the reps and the big wig drug makers had a stead diet of their own products for at least a year, perhaps things would change? I don't know.....

amb

The Pharmaceutical industry is fric**n evil. Theyre waging psycholigical (and ultimately physical) warfare on the public with their adverts and LIES.  :tickedoff:

I suggest everyone here get pro-active as possible. If we dont do it then who will?

No one will - ever. The FDA is in bed with Big Pharma, always has been. There's a reason herbs and other homeopathic remedies cannot make any claims even if they've been shown to work against maladies. The FDA will come down on you with wrath and fury if you purport to have an alternative method of treatment that hasn't been approved by BIG GOVERNMENT.

This is the same government agency that fluoridates our water (poison) and allows mercury (amalgam) fillings to be drilled into people's teeth for God's sake.

No one will - ever. The FDA is in bed with Big Pharma, always has been. There's a reason herbs and other homeopathic remedies cannot make any claims even if they've been shown to work against maladies. The FDA will come down on you with wrath and fury if you purport to have an alternative method of treatment that hasn't been approved by BIG GOVERNMENT.

This is the same government agency that fluoridates our water (poison) and allows mercury (amalgam) fillings to be drilled into people's teeth for God's sake.

Yeah, I understand cuban4real but im not discouraged, We sttill have a few HEROES..Like Michael Moore,  Current TV (Al Gores channel) VANGUARD, Social networking. and email campaigning.

They just said that Michael jackson took 12 mgs! lorazepam which may have (sadly) contributed...

change IS possible

I dig your optimism, but there is way too much money at stake (lobbyists, kick-backs, bribes) for any REAL change to occur. The best we can do is educate ourselves to the truth, and question boldly...

I know it sounds almost impossible because the huge amount of money - and we know that the truth is being suppressed! But you know what we can look to for hope is tobacco - remember they went through decades, knowing the truth - that finally came out.  It gives me hope. Like I hope I live to see it. LOL.

I know it sounds almost impossible because the huge amount of money - and we know that the truth is being suppressed! But you know what we can look to for hope is tobacco - remember they went through decades, knowing the truth - that finally came out.  It gives me hope. Like I hope I live to see it. LOL.

I hear ya! But Big Tobacco is BIG MONEY too, and highly taxed - a huge revenue stream for the Federal Government. If the government and Surgeon General truly gave a damn, they'd make it illegal.

We'll be long gone before this happens. Make good choices, stay informed, and perservere!

Cuban, Im sorry but theres no way im accepting your "give up and do nothing because theres no hope"" attitude.  You can give up if you want. But like I said IM NOT DISCOURAGED. What if Ghandi gave up, or Martin Luther King. Im not giving up. NO WAY!

Cuban, Im sorry but theres no way im accepting your "give up and do nothing because theres no hope"" attitude.  You can give up if you want. But like I said IM NOT DISCOURAGED. What if Ghandi gave up, or Martin Luther King. Im not giving up. NO WAY!

A couple of things I've learned in 31 years of living:

1.  Never tell a man what he can or can't do.  Only he in his heart knows what he's capable of.

2.  Never fall to cynicism.  That's when you start living life as a bystander.

There are many good causes in life worth fighting for.  This is one of them. 

Two people who spent the better part of their lives fighting for this cause.  May they rest in Peace.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/colindg.htm

http://www.benzo.org.uk/drpeart.htm

Christopher

Thanks Christopher. I wasnt aware of Colin Downes-Grainger but its obvious that he did a lot to further our cause. his work will be remembered.

I was aware of Dr. peart put didnt know he has passed, or aware of hispersonal story :'(  http://www.benzo.org.uk/hspec.htm

At least hes got peace now