Ireland Launches An Initiative to Curb Benzo Over-Prescribing

[Ch...]

Hi christopher,

from your question (unless it was hypothetical) I can tell you dont live here in the US. because if you did then you would know that our politicians are all chained to re-election and campaign contributions. Few would dare to take on big pharma.

theres also a big PUSH here to limit government (inclucing food and drug safety...the FDA).

All we need is just ONE sympathetic ear... maybe a politician with a benzo problem whos not afraid to come out and admit it...Maybe theres one here reading this right now.

I do live here as well.  Yes the question was rhetorical in nature.  I understand the big pharma connection but this is true throughout the world especially in a place like Ireland  Ireland has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in the world.  So they cater to big corporations and Pharma being some of them.  The problem is to one extent their financial puppet stringing of politicians but there is something far more sinister about our country and the state of the masses.  They simply do not care about our wellbeing since they are not in the end responsible for it.  When they have to start paying for the damages of Benzos, you will see change.  You are already starting to see it with the high crime rate with the illegal benzo trade. 

There is a push no doubt to make government smaller.  I won't go into politics but I will say that people should be careful of what they wish for.  Less government of the people does not equate to people adopting a conscience.  Who then protects those who can't protect themselves?  Stockpiles of tinned canned goods and weapons doesn't solidify your independence.  Rather it points mankind into a direction far worse, backwards. 

Christopher

Theyre already paying for it through medicare, all the other illnesses and continued doctor visits due to benzo use. . maybe someones just got to make that connection.

But on the other hand they HAVE made the connection because im on medicare and they will pay for all of my other meds(probably wouldnt even have needed them if not for benzos.) BUT they will NOT pay for ANY benzos at all..ever.

Theyre already paying for it through medicare, all the other illnesses and continued doctor visits due to benzo use. . maybe someones just got to make that connection.

But on the other hand they HAVE made the connection because im on medicare and they will pay for all of my other meds(probably wouldnt even have needed them if not for benzos.) BUT they will NOT pay for ANY benzos at all..ever.

Wow.  That's a bombshell.  So Medicare will not cover benzodiazepines?  Is this in their literature?  I wonder why that is?  A/Ds per pill cost more then Benzos.  Are they trying to isolate themselves from promoting them in fear of a potential class action? 

Christopher