"Concerned Clinics Kick Out Xanax" - The Fix

[bb...]

It turns out xanax may be more dangerous then first thought...

"Fourteen case reports have been published including five reported deaths, two in which alprazolam was ingested alone [4–10]. This is potentially significant because benzodiazepine overdose is often thought to be benign."

This is an excerpt from an NIH study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1884537/

The article references a white house policy attempting to reign in Rx drug abuse.  While it focuses more on Opiates.  I believe tighter regulation on all "controlled substances"  is coming.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/ondcp/issues-content/prescription-drugs/rx_abuse_plan.pdf

I'm not sure how to respond to all this.  They seemed to have singled out Xanax as being the worst benzo.  That it is addictive.  Well no kidding.  We have been saying that for years.  But are they that naive and or obtuse to believe that the rest of the benzos are not? 

The hardest thing to accept is that we may actually get what we have been seeking out of this.  We may actually get the 2 to 4 week restriction.  Not because of the endless suffering of involuntary addicts but because of recreational abuse. 

What infuriates me the most is the continued ignorant mindset of the government to group drug addiction and mental health into one category.   

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)

Christopher

Xanax, I believe is the most addictive of the Benzos. I have seen old friends of mine take them by the bottle full, not just one or two, try 30 or 40, drink over it and pass out. I do not however think it is the hardest to withdrawal from as one can c/o to valium, Klonopin would be the hardest IMO, 6 years use of it and tapering valium now, still feel K w/d underneath it.

I don't think they will pull any Benzo off the shelves anytime soon, but I suppose it is a start.

There was another article somewhere, no links, sorry!

It was talking about replacing xanax with klonopin.. well, it is just as bad if not worse.

Thanks for the link.

I will be glad when I am off and healed, so sick and tired looking at Benzo stuff everyday.. it just gets old and boring.

Again, thanks for the link.

I agree Sigma.  Sometimes we just need to get away from the headlines and forums for a bit.  To focus on our own lives for a bit.  This healing process is very much a personal journey as it is a collective one since no two situations are the same.  That being said, people like me have a passion to seek out the truth in things.  Or at least I did before I was on benzos. I think healing comes in many forms.  And knowing about the state of things is one of them. 

Christopher. 

Good looking out Christopher and yeah Sigma I think that K is definitely harder than X, If they single out xanax and get everyone on klonopin thats probably worse.

The drug companies will still get their precious money and the administration will look like it did something.

(this looks like the scenario thats playing)

We have to make the administration, doctors organisations and states know that this would be unacceptable. :nono: