Dr. Ashton's response to Dr. Heath on Face the Facts

[Ni...]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Do you think hell has water laced with benzos to drink, so you don't dehydrate from all the heat?? (Now that was just nasty; sorry!)    >:D

Do you think hell has water laced with benzos to drink, so you don't dehydrate from all the heat?? (Now that was just nasty; sorry!)    >:D

Hell is probably something like intense benzo withdrawal that never ends.  I'd love to think these doctors will spend eternity there.

I think they are changing now. Her work has made a difference to so many of us here. I think we can still work to spread the word about these drugs; I think every bit helps. The old saying "we stand on the shoulders of giants" - she is a giant, in my thinking and we can stand on her shoulders.

We should start by doing everything we can to expose the doctors who do this to people.  Everyone on this board should be filing complaints with the state medical boards.  I have also taken out several domains and published my story online.  Whenever anyone searches my doctor's name, they see my story.  

Edit: Removed link

We should start by doing everything we can to expose the doctors who do this to people.  Everyone on this board should be filing complaints with the state medical boards.  I have also taken out several domains and published my story online.  Whenever anyone searches my doctor's name, they see my story.  

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry, I had to remove your link as it goes against our Anti-Doctor policy. Though many share your frustration we cannot be a party to 'doctor bashing', I hope you understand. To review our policy you can go to this link - http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=13141.0

Star

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry, I had to remove your link as it goes against our Anti-Doctor policy. Though many share your frustration we cannot be a party to 'doctor bashing', I hope you understand. To review our policy you can go to this link - http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=13141.0

Star

"Doctor bashing?"  There is no doctor bashing at all going on with that site.  I simply state the facts of my case and say nothing bad about her.  I would challenge you to actually read it and tell me where I am bashing anyone.  If I can't share my story here, then what's the point?

"Doctor bashing?"  There is no doctor bashing at all going on with that site.  I simply state the facts of my case and say nothing bad about her.  I would challenge you to actually read it and tell me where I am bashing anyone.  If I can't share my story here, then what's the point?

I can appreciate your story, believe me, and it looks like you took an incredible amount of time and thought to completing it, but your doctors name is mentioned throughout the entire site and not necessarily in a favorable way so we'd like to keep BenzoBuddies disassociated in the link, I'm sorry.

You're welcome to post your story but I'd delete the doctors name if you chose to do post it here. 

Dr. Heather Ashton is my hero! It's only recently that I started tapering and I set up an appt. with my Dr. I asked her to please look at the Ashton Manual before my appt. Long story short is that she told me that "I needed them" and that "I will be using them again." At least she did prescribe the valium after me getting very upset..but was not willing to discuss the taper process. Today I crossed over to valium..and am hopeful though very concerned about going too fast. I am at 10mg valium. Seems to be enough?

Dr. Heather Ashton is my hero! It's only recently that I started tapering and I set up an appt. with my Dr. I asked her to please look at the Ashton Manual before my appt. Long story short is that she told me that "I needed them" and that "I will be using them again." At least she did prescribe the valium after me getting very upset..but was not willing to discuss the taper process. Today I crossed over to valium..and am hopeful though very concerned about going too fast. I am at 10mg valium. Seems to be enough?

Hi wishful1,

10mg of Valium is equivalent to .5mg of Xanax so I think you have made a very good start. :thumbsup: The important thing is to listen to your body as you taper and go slowly. We will be here to support you through this, so keep us informed in how you are doing. :)

"Doctor bashing?"  There is no doctor bashing at all going on with that site.  I simply state the facts of my case and say nothing bad about her.  I would challenge you to actually read it and tell me where I am bashing anyone.  If I can't share my story here, then what's the point?

I can appreciate your story, believe me, and it looks like you took an incredible amount of time and thought to completing it, but your doctors name is mentioned throughout the entire site and not necessarily in a favorable way so we'd like to keep BenzoBuddies disassociated in the link, I'm sorry.

You're welcome to post your story but I'd delete the doctors name if you chose to do post it here.  

Well maybe I should launch a site specifically for naming these people publicly.  These demons need to have their faces plastered everywhere.  

Ryan,

Have you thought of writing a book?  I'm sure it would be helpful and you could sell it on Amazon.  Just a thought.

fg

Yes, I've actually already started writing it, along with a friend who is a psychotherapist specializing in addiction treatment.  I will not publish it, however, until I have a "happy ending" to write about. 

I'm thinking about writing a book as well but also don't plan to finish it until I'm completely off of Klonopin.

Wishing you well ...

fg

That sounds like a good idea ryan, you write well. Good luck with it.

I know I want to write my story too, if nothing else for the cathartic effect I believe it will give me.

Hi Nicolette,

Thank you. I have to update my signature. I dropped to .25 mg. valium for a little over a week with substitution of 2.5 mg valium twice a day. I'm finally getting some sleep. I'm so grateful to have found this site  :)

I took 5 mg yesterday am..and I was really tired so today I dropped it to 2.5 mg and I'll take the 7.5 tonight..go from there. I have a long trip ahead of me tomorrow and I was going to wait until I returned to do the co., but I just felt like it was time..so I can only hope (and pray) it'll be alright..

Hi Nicolette,

Thank you. I have to update my signature. I dropped to .25 mg. valium for a little over a week with substitution of 2.5 mg valium twice a day. I'm finally getting some sleep. I'm so grateful to have found this site  :)

I took 5 mg yesterday am..and I was really tired so today I dropped it to 2.5 mg and I'll take the 7.5 tonight..go from there. I have a long trip ahead of me tomorrow and I was going to wait until I returned to do the co., but I just felt like it was time..so I can only hope (and pray) it'll be alright..

Hi wishful,

I think you meant you dropped to .25mg of Xanax?...a little over a week ago with a substitution of 2.5mg Valium twice a day? It sounds like you are now at 10mg of Valium and .25mg of Xanax? The Valium will probably cover some of your Xanax symptoms while you finish tapering the Xanax. Let us know how you're doing with this. Have a good trip.

Yes, I've actually already started writing it, along with a friend who is a psychotherapist specializing in addiction treatment.  I will not publish it, however, until I have a "happy ending" to write about. 

:thumbsup: