Don't let your suffering be in vain

[cu...]

I have been contacting local radio stations, newspapers, county websites such a topix, even Oprah. If other do the same and get the word out on the dangers and devastation caused by these drugs, maybe we can make a difference!! I urge others to do the same, if it hasn't been done already.

Don't suffer in silence..be the squeaky wheel that gets oiled. I'm sick of society putting us on the back burner.

Here is oprahs' contact info, send her a short rundown of your experience, as I have, and maybe she'll do a show on it.

https://www.oprah.com/ownshow/plug_form.html?plug_id=220\\

if anyone has any other ideas how we can spread the word in our own world, please feel free to contribute.

love

ari

Dear Cupcake,

I completely agree with you!

I have forwarded a copy of this post to various friends in b wd.

One person has already written to Oprah using your link, and as soon as I can, will do so myself.

I've been writing, off and on, to various entities for some months - and if I ever make it through this h**l,

plan on doing a LOT more.

So, great post!

I'm with you all the way...

mourningperson

[56...]

I will write Oprah :)

I thought about her speaking of Benzo's, but what if she's on one?

I bet she pops a xanax every now and then... I'm serious.

Sigma,

I sure wouldn't be surprised - good thought..

Yea, she might be into total denial and freak out at the thought of doing a show on benzos :o

Hope not..

I'll still write her and hope for the best.

mp

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote a letter. I tried to keep it brief but get to the point at the same time. This would have been easy for me at one time.

She has a segment on "Mother's Little Helpers" coming on tomorrow. Has anyone seen this?

"Mother's Little Helper" was about alcohol. Hasn't that saying been about valium since the 70s? Well, I wrote her and hope it does some good.

• 3 weeks later...

I wrote Oprah today sending her this link to listen to:  http://www.bcnc.org.uk/audio/geraldine.mp3

I was disappointed that the "Mother's Little Helper" show on OWN was all about mothers who are alcoholics.  Also they played a program about kids with OCD and cited that anti-anxiety drugs and anti-depressents and therapy was the way to fix it.  I was so crushed by that.  She is unknowlingly (?) promoting the hurt to continue.  :(