This article doesn't know what it's talking about

[Ho...]

That makes me so angry when they stupidly and ignorantly say "only 1 or 2 nights"  :tickedoff: 

The propaganda is outrageous!

That makes me so angry when they stupidly and ignorantly say "only 1 or 2 nights"  :tickedoff:   

The propaganda is outrageous!

Exactly... Like ANY withdrawal s/x from Klonopin lasts only one or two nights!

Hi Hollyms, just wanted to say your horse is beautiful. I had quarterhorse named Buck who died about a year ago. He always made me feel so peaceful, I really miss him. I hope your doing ok. Colleen

Another doctor that thinks benzo are so benign. Honestly...........

This is the only thing she seemed to get right. When she writes:

"Medications such as zolpidem (Ambien) are called non-benzodiazepines but that is MISLEADING because they act on the same GABA benzodiazepine receptors in the brain."

Thankfully there are comments on the CNN story that reflect the reality of benzos and Z-drugs.

I urge everyone to go add their comments. Write clearly, sensibly, and calmly explain what we're all suffering in order to be taken seriously.

[0b...]
I urge everyone to go add their comments. Write clearly, sensibly, and calmly explain what we're all suffering in order to be taken seriously.

I agree!

Matthew,

BTW every time I see your avatar. I always wanted to do something with it.

Better-

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc446/Billymath/6-11-20117-52-36AM.png

S#

Oh, that's a better version of a Klonopin tablet.  Maybe get an image of Edvard Munch's "The Scream" layered in there as well.

:-)

Hey S# and Matthew,

Here is the comment I left:

I find it very disturbing to see so many people in this comments section taking Benzos and Z drugs. You have no idea the fire you are playing with. I invite you all to go to any Benzo Support website and read story after story of how these drugs have ruined peoples lives when taken as directed.

I took Xanax and later Ativan for sleep and my life is over. The withdrawal is debilitating, it has left me helpless as an infant and in worse physical pain than you can even fathom for 4 months so far. The recovery is 6-18 months long and is torturous.

Thousands of us were active happy people and are now homebound and have lost our livelyhoods. It can also happen with Ambien, Klonopin, or Valium -and in as little as just 4 weeks dependance can develop. It is not worth it people. We benzo prescription victims are suffering horribly, just horribly

What I really don't understand is how an 80yo man on 2mg Klonopin for YEARS could taper (even slowly) without ANY side effects or rebound insomnia, especially seeing as the K was already giving him at least one debilitating side effect (grogginess the next day). You'd think an 80 year old would take at least twice as long as most of us to recover, obviously because the body does not heal as fast. Just does not make any sense to me. I sure hope CNN isn't stooping to the level of allowing their editors to falsify such important information.