Benzo Article in US Gov't Library of Medicine

[Pe...]

Hi Buddies!

I think it will interest you to see what I came upon while pain stakingly combing through medical publications in our U.S. governments Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.  As it turns out our government has had information on prolonged benzo w/d and Professor Ashton's work since 1989 in their archives.  You can view it for yourself at the following link.  Make sure you click on complete article to see the publication in full.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1711840/?tool=pubmed

[16...]
As it turns out our government has had information on prolonged benzo w/d and Professor Ashton's work since 1989 in their archives.

This does not surprise me, as I understand how the US Government works!

Perseverance,

Thank you for this article. :)

S#

I cannot believe you found this. Boy you sifted through some info to get it that's for sure.

Good stuff. Thanks Perseverance.

Blows my mind how much information there is and some of our "docs" have never heard of benzowithdrawal..........

Page 160 makes reference to > Medicines found little evidence of the therapeutic effect for benzos after 4 months of continuous use.

tolerance > Some patients may progress to a "PROBLEM PERIOD" when withdrawal symptoms occur EVEN THOUGH MEDICATION IS BEING TAKEN, (sleep disturbances, anxiety, panic attacks...............)

*Many of us can relate to that see sig.

Ashton references explaining difficulty for patients withdrawing. Pain, difficulty walking, sight and sound difficulty.........

All of the very truthful extreme things are in here. Unreal. I'll read more.

It's possible that someone just filed it away without a thought to how widespread the issue of benzo withdrawal is.

Or...they are waiting for an American to make this "discovery". ::)

Makes me even more thankful for Benzo Buddies. :)

I think you caught the significance of this find Missy!  Now when I go to my Senator and Congressman they will have a hard time disputing this happened to me, being that it is documented in their own National library.

Hi Teach!

I learned a long time ago that the only things I brought to my doctors from the internet that they really took seriously were articles from the National Libray of Medicine (NLM) or The National Institutes of Health (NIH) all of which are at PubMed.gov.  That is why I decided to scour the archives for proof since so many doctors don't even think this exists.

Good job Matthew posting the links!  I had the first two and am going to read the second two.  I especially like the "unfinished story" by Proff Ashton, I think they chose an excellent patient case to use as an example.  I am bringing that one with me to the dentist Monday as it also has pertinent info for him to read.

Nice to see someone else is looking for documents such as these!  Thanks!