Xanax crossover Klonopin progress update

[rh...]

I've dropped a .25 Xanax dose during the day and adding in .25 Klonopin. I'm back to my bedtime 3mg. Klonopin. Today will be day #5. I take the .25 Klonopin at 9 in the morning and split the 2mg. Xanax every 3 hours to get them all in. After I take the morning dose of Klonopin I have more energy, then when I take a dose of  . 1mg. Xanax  I get sleepy again, wait another 3 or 4 hours and take another 1mg. I'm sleepy again.

Since I have so much to take, I'm having to do 3 doses a day, plus bedtime dose. I'm not having any interdose withdrawls, just sleepy after the daytime Xanax. I've been sleeping great. I just want to be off the Xanax since it's making me so sleepy, but I know I can't rush it.

If I go with dropping Xanax every 10 days then my 10 week mark of being Xanax free is the 4th of July. I will then be on 4.25mg. Klonopin, then I start slow taper off that.

I was wondering if I should try cutting out .5mg. Xanax instead of .25mg???? Thank you for all your support and encouragement. :)

Rhapsodygirl

I've dropped a .25 Xanax dose during the day and adding in .25 Klonopin. I'm back to my bedtime 3mg. Klonopin. Today will be day #5. I take the .25 Klonopin at 9 in the morning and split the 2mg. Xanax every 3 hours to get them all in. After I take the morning dose of Klonopin I have more energy, then when I take a dose of  . 1mg. Xanax  I get sleepy again, wait another 3 or 4 hours and take another 1mg. I'm sleepy again.

Since I have so much to take, I'm having to do 3 doses a day, plus bedtime dose. I'm not having any interdose withdrawls, just sleepy after the daytime Xanax. I've been sleeping great. I just want to be off the Xanax since it's making me so sleepy, but I know I can't rush it.

If I go with dropping Xanax every 10 days then my 10 week mark of being Xanax free is the 4th of July. I will then be on 4.25mg. Klonopin, then I start slow taper off that.

I was wondering if I should try cutting out .5mg. Xanax instead of .25mg???? Thank you for all your support and encouragement. :)

Rhapsodygirl

Do you mean dropping .5mg Xanax while  you are in the midst of doing your crossover to Klonopin or replacing that .5mg Xanax with .5mg Klonopin?  I think you could replace .5mg Xanax with .5mg Klonopin but I don't think I'd drop that much Xanax altogether.  Since the amount of Xanax you are on is making you sleepy, you are probably taking more than you need for simple anxiety relief but I still think dropping .5mg could be too much of a drop.  Just my opinion.

Rhapsodygirl

[/quo

Do you mean dropping .5mg Xanax while  you are in the midst of doing your crossover to Klonopin or replacing that .5mg Xanax with .5mg Klonopin?  I think you could replace .5mg Xanax with .5mg Klonopin but I don't think I'drop that much Xanax altogether.  Since the amount of Xanax you are on is making you sleepy, you are probably taking more than you need for simple anxiety relief but I still think dropping .5mg could be too much of a drop.  Just my opinion.

I would be replacing .5 k with a drop of .5 X. I would wait another week or 10 days before another c/o.Make sense???

Rhapsodygirl

[18...]
I would be replacing .5 k with a drop of .5 X. I would wait another week or 10 days before another c/o.Make sense???

Are you asking:

After you replace the 0.5mg of Xanax with 0.5mg of Klonopin, would it be ok to wait a week or 10 days.. before crossing over, then dropping 0.25mg off that.. while crossing?

S#

I started my x and k c/o one week ago. I dropped a .25 x during the day. I replaced that dose with .25 k. Now I am on a total of 2mg. x per day, plus .25mg.k a day. My question is, since the xanax makes me sleepy, no interdose w/d, and the .25 k doesn't make me tired, what if I took out another .25x, adding another .25k (total .5) oranges for oranges.

I apologize for all the confusion, I have SO much going on in my life right now, it's just difficult for me

to explain :(

rhapsodygirl

"I would be replacing .5 k with a drop of .5 X. I would wait another week or 10 days before another c/o.Make sense???"

Makes good sense to me, rhapsodygirl.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Beeper,

Yes, it does make sense. I will listen to my body as to how I feel. Again, thank you for your help and encouragement.

Rhapsodygirl

Ok,

Just to let you know where I'm at with my c/o....it's day #4, not #5. I have dropped .5mg X adding .25mg K and have had no w/d or interdose w/d. I take 2mg. X during the day (total) plus the .25 K. I do fine when I take the K in the morning, but when I take a X dose I get sleepy. My question....since I've been doing okay by dropping .5 X and adding .25 K should I continue at this rate of change with next c/o level??? I plan on 10 days between changes.

Thank you,

Rhapsodygirl

"I would be replacing .5 k with a drop of .5 X. I would wait another week or 10 days before another c/o.Make sense???"

Makes good sense to me, rhapsodygirl.  :thumbsup:

Please read my last post :)

rhapsodygirl

Your crossover seems to be going well, I like that you're taking it slow, I feel you could continue doing what you're doing.  I'm concerned that the 2 mg Xanax is making you sleepy, perhaps you could lower that amount and not have this reaction. 

Your crossover seems to be going well, I like that you're taking it slow, I feel you could continue doing what you're doing.  I'm concerned that the 2 mg Xanax is making you sleepy, perhaps you could lower that amount and not have this reaction. 

Hi Pamster,

It is going well :)  Perhaps because I take 3mg Klonopin at bedtime with an antidepressant that helps me sleep and in the mid morning I take .25 K. My thought before I started my c/o was that the mid morning klonopin would make me sleepy. I don't get sleepy at all. Then when I start my Xanax dose I get sleepy. I haven't needed the Xanax for years, I would get some anxiety but not like it was when I was doing chemo. I knew I couldn't just stop because I knew enough about benzo's and you just don't go c/t.

I just got to the point where I knew I wanted these drugs out of my body. I want to be happy, to feel again, to enjoy what God has given me.Most of all a clear mind.

My next c/o will be next Wednesday if I go with a 10 day c/o. If I stay with what I'm doing now, I will drop another .5 X and replace that with .25 Klonopin. So, perhaps I could drop more Xanax when I c/o?? How much should I try?? Should I then c/o more than the .25 K? What about instead of 10 days I go with 7? I'm not trying to rush, I just seem to be doing well, no interdose w/d or w/d. 

Thank you for your help and input.

Rhapsodygirl

Thanks for filling in more of your story, I usually see people crossover a bit faster than you're doing, especially going from Xanax to Klonopin since they're comparable in strength.  I feel you could speed it up a bit but of course you should pay attention to how you feel, I know you're not in the best of health.  I'm not sure it's a good idea to drop down in dose as you crossover, I'd rather see you go a bit faster, complete the crossover then begin to taper once stabilized on the Klonopin.  But you know, this is your body and you should do what feels right for you.