FINALLY STABLE....but stuck

[ma...]

I'm FINALLY stable...0.25 mg Klonopin with 5 mg Valium morning and afternoon, 10 mg of valium at night.

Doctor really wants to help but all but admits he doesn't know how...it took a loooong time to get stable after benzo hopping and abrupt Seroquel withdrawl...he's the kind of guy that will write for anything I have a good idea for, which is all I need.

The next step in the Ashton Manual made me too sleepy, Original Dose...approx 1.5 mg of Klonopin (1/2 to 2 depending..as needed, with other meds, now gone)

I have too many ideas and no direction...any ideas would be helpful, I've got a million of them...would like to PLAN my next cut before doing anying impulsive....thought about titrating them all, thought about tapering off the valium...(too tired to switch over to Valium completely) ....I just don't know...put my question on the support forum, realized this is a better place for it....also, I find myself having to remind myself to take my morning dose, but if I don't, I need it by 10:30 or 11am...

I don't even know if this is the right place to put my question. What if I cut the morning valium and the morning klonopin together, in  a gradual fashion? I just don't know, or should I just taper the morning Klonopin and leave the valium alone, without raising it to 10?

It seems you've already tried going with the Ashton equivalency for Klonopin and found it too sedating, is that right?  First of all, that sedating effect generally wears off after a week or so on it so maybe you didn't give it enough time.  That being said, however, some people metabolize the drugs slower than others so maybe you still had a lot of the Klonopin in your system even though you had dropped part of a dose and substituted with Valium.

As to what to do now, if you really think the Ashton equivalency is too much Valium for you, by all means drop the morning Klonopin dose without increasig the Valium and hold for two weeks or so to make sure everything has "settled in".  that's how I'd approach it anyway.  I'm sure others will have other opinions on how you could proceed.  I'm glad you have a doctor willing to work with  you and essentially take your advice on the best way to taper which may change over time.

I like your idea...Yes... the sedating effects were very distressing to my child...I'm trying to this without distressing him further (he's aldready been sent on vacation, in play therapy etc...)...I think I'll drop the morning dose slowly though...maybe when I see my doctor I'll see what the smallest klonopin dose is...cutting .05mg of Klonopinin half isn't hard, but creating 1/4s I'm not able to do easily.

I used a pill splitter on my round .5mg tablets and while the pieces varied a little in size when I cut them in half and then in half again, I figured it was close enough for my purposes.  I got the pill splitter at the pharmacey, btw.