I need help forming a plan

[Jo...]

So far i'm following the crossover from xanax to valium on this site http://www.benzosupport.org/crossover_schedules.htm

I'm on day 7.

I was on about 1-1.5 mg of xanax a day an experiencing BAD withdrawal between doses(twice a day).

SO now i'm on a schedule, feeling lil better with constant doses.

Where do I go once I hit 30mg of valium a day. Do I just stay on the schedule, 30mg valium 3 times a day? That seems like alot.

I'm starting to worry about not having a plan for when it's time to get off the drugs. Where do I go when I hit 30mg valium a day? stay there a couple weeks then start taking some away, how much do i take away, how often? from what dose, night, morning? middle of day?

So far i'm following the crossover from xanax to valium on this site http://www.benzosupport.org/crossover_schedules.htm

I'm on day 7.

I was on about 1-1.5 mg of xanax a day an experiencing BAD withdrawal between doses(twice a day).

SO now i'm on a schedule, feeling lil better with constant doses.

Where do I go once I hit 30mg of valium a day. Do I just stay on the schedule, 30mg valium 3 times a day? That seems like alot.

I'm starting to worry about not having a plan for when it's time to get off the drugs. Where do I go when I hit 30mg valium a day? stay there a couple weeks then start taking some away, how much do i take away, how often? from what dose, night, morning? middle of day?

If you are following the schedule for xanax, you will be on 10mg valium, 3x/day, not 30 mg, 3x/day.  Some people do find that the "equivalent dose" of valium is actually too much and they make quick reductions to keep from being too sedated.  You will need to wait and see how you feel after you've completed your crossover to tell which way to proceed.  After you have stabilized on nothing but valium for a couple of weeks, you can begin to taper off, reducing one of your doses by about 10% or more if you find you are too sedated.  BTW, it doesn't matter which dose you reduce from since you will alternate every 3rd time so as to keep the dosages somewhat even.  Of course, if sleep is a particular problem, you can keep a larger dose for the evening and just reduce the other doses.  I think it's a good idea to wait 10-14 days between dose reductions to make sure that the effects of the previous cut have passed.  However, I didn't taper off of valium so others may have different recommendations.  Good luck whatever course you choose.

:o

I was very worried about you when I thought your doc was giving you 90mg of valium a day.  I'm really glad that isn't the case. 

Like Beeper said, you may need to cut your valium quickly at first because it's very sedating.  I would have thought you'd go from 1mg xanax to 15-20mg valium but I'm not very familiar with the conversions. 

no one seems to be able to give me precise answers and I have no idea what i'm doing an its very frustrating. I know none of you know my situation i'm not blaming you.

it's just shitty i gotta do this alone, i've been asking everyone for advice and no one seems to really know.

my doc didnt even tell me i had to gradually crossover, thank god i stumbled upon that before just stopping xanax an starting valium.

i'm down to .25 of xanax a day.

valium doesnt make me toooo tired, it makes me sleepy, but i enjoy the rest, cause i've had insomnia for over a month its nice to get some sleep. i have no job or obligations so it doesnt matter.

i'm feeling helpless, an i wanna give up. i'm so sick of being sick, it's been a year an only gotten worse. i've lost everything. it's too much, i'm fuckin done, i have no hope/happiness left in life.

i've had unexplainable symptoms before benzos, so i'm dealing with more then this crap.

You put a thread up in the right place and I believe someone who is more savvy than myself will be along shortly to help you with a taper plan.  I suggest you cut the xanax at a steady rate as you replace it with the equivalent amount of valium.  The general rule of thumb is to cut 10% every 10 days (I think).  If I were you and I was down to .25 of xanax I'd just cut the xanax and take the valium but keep in mind that I don't know if this is the 'right' way to do it, it's just what I would do.

When you are on 30 mg valium, you want to cut 10% every 7-14 days. 

Step one 27mg per day

Step two 24.5 mg per day (I rounded up so you wouldn't have to fuss with titration at the beginning)

Step three 22mg per day

and so on...

I know you are scared but you are not alone.  People here will help you.  I would help more but I'm mostly clueless :)

thanks that kinda the information I needed. tomorrow is my last day of crossoverer then I won't be takin any Xanax just 30mg Valium. then I stabilize for 2-3 weeks? then I take away 10% every week or two.

I read about someone on liquid Valium that decreased daily with no withdrawal effects. I wanna try that. would I just take away 1% every day?

dr madill in California did it but he wants money for his services an I have none

thanks that kinda the information I needed. tomorrow is my last day of crossoverer then I won't be takin any Xanax just 30mg Valium. then I stabilize for 2-3 weeks? then I take away 10% every week or two.

I read about someone on liquid Valium that decreased daily with no withdrawal effects. I wanna try that. would I just take away 1% every day?

dr madill in California did it but he wants money for his services an I have none

Yes, I would stabilize prior to starting the taper.  If you aren't stable in 3 weeks, I'd start cutting and just suffer.  (but that's me ;) )

Yes, you can titrate your valium and reduce by 1% per day if you aren't intimidated by the idea of doing a liquid taper.  If you need help with that, I suggest you start a thread on that.  (I'm not sure but I think there might be a forum set up for that, if not, you can ask for help in the general taper forum).

:hug:

Yes, it's a good idea to wait a while after getting on the valium before tapering and 2-3 weeks seems to be a good general guideline.  You can titrate valium but most people find that when they are on a large dose, they can dry cut their pills and taper fine until they get down to a lower level, say 2.5 - 5 mg/day.  There is a separate board for Titration Tapers and you are welcome to start a thread there if you wish.