Substitution from Ambien to Valium?

[Su...]

Can anyone tell me how a substitution from Ambien to Valium is done and what the schedule should look like?

Please I'm desperate!

Thanks, Sunny

Hi Sunny,

Here is the information I provided to you on your other thread.

Hi Sunny,

I hate to see you cross over to Valium, it takes time to crossover and then to taper, increasing your time on the drug.  If you'd just stop the Ambien and accept the sleeplessness for a couple of days then you could be on your way to healing.  The inter-dose withdrawal you're experiencing would go away and you'd actually feel better. 

If you feel strongly about crossing over though, you could get the 5 mg Valium tablets and cut it in half and take 2.5 mg Valium and cut your 10 mg of Ambien in half and take 5 mg Ambien for a week or two.  Then substitute the other 2.5 mg Valium for the other 5 mg of Ambien and hold for another week or two.  Then you'd start cutting 1 mg of Valium every week or two until you were off the drug.

You are right, Pamster. I am going to have to accept the sleeplessness for a while. I think that is a better alternative than going on another drug. Thanks for the advice - much appreciated!