C/O from Ativan to Valium

[Pr...]

Hi All,

I have a quick question.  I have been on Ativan 2mg 6:30 am and 2mg 2:30 pm for 14 months and nothing at

night. Now as I C/O to valium should I try to space my two doses to get about 12 hours between them so

that once I C/O completely to Valium I can gradually taper but have to only do it twice per day or

stay on my regular 8 hour dosing.  I have been blessed that I am able to sleep fairly well without

anything.  It was the am nausea and stomach pain that brought me to discover the interdose withdrawal.

The nausea and pain isn't unbearable.  I just started my C/O on Friday 2/25.  What do you think?  ???

Thanks so much in advance for your help!!  Pam

Hi Pam,

How often you dose should be dictated by how you feel, and apparently what you've been doing has been working for you.  I wouldn't change things until your body tells you to, just listen and be flexible if need be.

I couldn't agree more!  I had the insomnia problem but was fine in the middle of the day so I got rid of the afternoon first, then the morning relatively soon.  I was left with just the night dose for most of the taper.  I am the opposite of you but it was the same deal, I didn't need the afternoon or morning so it wasn't necessary.  Also, the half life is much longer on Valium so you don't really need to take it all the time.  Good luck on your c/o and taper.  It works!

Oleander