Dry cut & hold taper success stories as you got lower

[BW...]

Hi all,

I'm at .5mg lorazepam, which is one pill.  Purchased a lab-grade scale as I got lower, which has helped me immensely (I know most folks do fine with the Gem20 or similar scales, but for me this works better).  That being said, I'd like to hear from those who successfully completed their entire taper doing the cut & hold method or microtaper by dry cutting.  I'd like to continue doing this method as I can be sensitive to drug/manufacturer changes if I switch to a liquid or compounding (the pharmacist I would use for compounding would not use the same manufacturer as my pill).

Thanks in advance,

BWarrior

Hi BWarrior,

thanks for your post. Although I can't really contribute to your request ---since I'm just nearing the starting line (as it were) of a potential taper of 0.375mg clonazepam--- I would love to hear a bit more details about the scale you have. How accurate is this one and how "spendy" is it, if you don't mind?

I'm currently on a holding pattern for perhaps 2 more weeks and will then start tapering via dry cuts. I do have the Gemini-20 scale and it does seem to be pretty reliable to about +/- 3-4 mg, from the little testing I've done. If successful to the limits of the Gem20, I was also considering a compounding pharmacy, but worry about my docs collaboration...

Thanks much in advance.

Hi Gringo09,

I purchased my scale from a place called MNM scales, recommended from another BenzoBuddy, HereforHelp.  On his recommendation, I spoke to Mary on the phone. You can get a look at their scales online.  I believe they're out of the Houston, TX area.  The model I got was A&D EJ-54D2, and I also purchased a 50g calibration weight because it doesn't come with a calibration weight like the Gem20 does.  It cost around $500, so yes--expensive!  But for me it was worth it.  It has cut down the time it has taken for me to weigh my cuts, and I feel more confident about the accuracy because it doesn't bounce around like the Gem20 did as I got lower.  I hope this helps. 

BW

Thank you so much for the prompt and helpful reply, BWarrior!

That does seem "almost" like a bargain, considering the specs-- Wow! Am I reading correctly that it accurately weighs down to 0.2mg (BTW, it's available at Amazon)? Wouldn't that be enough precision to fully dry taper without involving a compounding pharmacy? Would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.

I wish I could help with your original question but am sure other, more experienced buddies, will help you soon.

Many, many thanks again.

I'm not 100% sure of the accuracy, but this scale was the one Mary at MNM Scales recommended that was in my price range.  I'm satisfied so far.  I am hoping that I will be able to use it all the way down to the jumping point, but I am hoping to hear from others who have actually done it to give me more confidence. 

Good luck with your taper Gringo09,

BW