Klonopin Taper, have only been on .50mg twice a day for 2.5 months.

[Cr...]

Hi,

I have been taking Klonopin for 2.5 months (.50mg 2 times a day)

I tapered down to .75mg (.25mg in the am and .50 mg at night) didn't notice much of anything in regards to withdrawl, after two weeks I decided to drop down from .75mg to .25mg and after about 3 days started feeling like crap and have been having pretty nasty anxiety ( about 1.5 weeks into it). Is this normal?

Thanks!

Hello Crimson22, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Oftentimes we can get away with large reductions when we first start out but not so when you get to the lower ones.  What you’ve experienced is normal, with Klonopin, symptoms typically show up around day 3 then settle by around day 10.  Settled doesn’t mean feeling great, we can’t really expect that until we’re off the drug and recovered from our use.

My suggestion would be to hold where you are now and when you get stable which means your symptoms are not changing drastically and you can perform simple chores, then you can make a much smaller reduction.  We suggest reductions of around 5-10% every couple of weeks or whatever your symptoms dictate.

We’re glad you found us, let us know how we can help.

Pamster

Edit: Grammar

Thank you for your reply, there are time where I want to jump back up to .25 mg 2 times a day because the anxiety is so bad but I am trying to push through as I don't want to loose any progress I've made.

Hope the next few days get better!