Anything at all that activates nervous system cause issues?? Is this normal

[AT...]

I've noticed more and more lately that anything at all that activates the nervous system causes increased symptoms.  For example I can watch TV and laugh at something and the laughter will cause my skin to instantly start burning and itching and if I do not stop I'l get hives.  From laughing..... is that normal??

Yeah, it is. I get really agitated and insomniac if meeting with friends. Can't listen to music, or watch movies. Our brains cannot handle too much stimulation, we are like a car without brakes.  :(

Same here. Thank you both!  That is a great way to put it. It’s just so bizarre to me that laughing can cause itching and hives. Crazy lol. Just add it to the list I guess…

[eb...]

Hi ATLPatrick

Keep in mind that during withdrawal, your CNS really doesn’t discriminate between what would normally be considered either ‘good’ or ‘bad’ stimulation… it’s all the same to an overly-sensitive CNS.

The world is misinformed. Even drs. are misinformed. We are a subset of the population that is just very sensitive to these drugs and everybody acts like we don't exist. Thank God for Dr. Witt-Doering's work. Unfortunately, it's not mainstream information. And that Netflix "documentary" was a travesty, it didn't accurately portray the dangers and absolute horrors of these drugs. We are unheard, unseen and misunderstood.

Many doctors here knew it was addictive, including mine, she just lied when I said I didn't want anything addicitve.

She had prescribed halcion with the vague words "not to get stuck on it" so I wasn't taken that cause I didn't trust it and the pharmacist had also let me know it was addicitve. I was done with that doctor at that point. But my dad wanted information and is not a googler and still trusted that doctor and a therapy center had recommended rivotril - young clueless audiologist when I had said not to want anything addicitve - we went back to that doctor cause my dad was paniking and wanted information. I got angry and in a wave saying I didn't want halcion or anything similar that was addicitve or even habit forming because I didn't want anything to attack my CNS and that it was really not okay she gave me halcion. She got very angry and riled up at me. My dad did not read the room right and then instead of waiting for her to reply asked "what is rivotril? Is that safe?" and she prescribed it knowing full well that it was also a benzo and she said to go to a different pharmacist which is also completely insane. I left so confused and I was the entire time wondering like why did she say to go to a different pharmacist but my dad did stop on the way home at a different one that didn't say anything but normally here they do/should. Then two weeks later basically my dad went back for another appointment and she told him I should stop taking it so she also knew it was short term only but never said so beforehand and then tapered me down in those drops as "I was on such a small dose" but those 12 days were enough for me to get very dependent. When I realized this was similar to halcion and all that, I went back to her very angry that she had poisoned me and she casually said the receptors would upregulate again and that there is nothing else. All she should have done that visit he asked what is rivotril and is this safe was be honest and say it's from the same group of products you refuse the halcion of but if that's not what you want to take I cannot give you anything. We would have not taken anything and I would obviously not have paid €2000 for a therapy week at that center that ruined my life. So I'm 100% sure she knew.

She had prescribed halcion with the vague words "not to get stuck on it" so I wasn't taken that cause I didn't trust it and the pharmacist had also let me know it was addicitve. I was done with that doctor at that point. But my dad wanted information and is not a googler and still trusted that doctor and a therapy center had recommended rivotril - young clueless audiologist when I had said not to want anything addicitve - we went back to that doctor cause my dad was paniking and wanted information. I got angry and in a wave saying I didn't want halcion or anything similar that was addicitve or even habit forming because I didn't want anything to attack my CNS and that it was really not okay she gave me halcion. She got very angry and riled up at me. My dad did not read the room right and then instead of waiting for her to reply asked "what is rivotril? Is that safe?" and she prescribed it knowing full well that it was also a benzo and she said to go to a different pharmacist which is also completely insane. I left so confused and I was the entire time wondering like why did she say to go to a different pharmacist but my dad did stop on the way home at a different one that didn't say anything but normally here they do/should. Then two weeks later basically my dad went back for another appointment and she told him I should stop taking it so she also knew it was short term only but never said so beforehand and then tapered me down in those drops as "I was on such a small dose" but those 12 days were enough for me to get very dependent. When I realized this was similar to halcion and all that, I went back to her very angry that she had poisoned me and she casually said the receptors would upregulate again and that there is nothing else. All she should have done that visit he asked what is rivotril and is this safe was be honest and say it's from the same group of products you refuse the halcion of but if that's not what you want to take I cannot give you anything. We would have not taken anything and I would obviously not have paid €2000 for a therapy week at that center that ruined my life. So I'm 100% sure she knew.

Every other doctor I have spoken to so far would have explained short term use only or would have said if you don't want anything addicitve then no that's not okay or no it's not safe, this is for epilepsy etc.

Every other doctor I have spoken to so far would have explained short term use only or would have said if you don't want anything addicitve then no that's not okay or no it's not safe, this is for epilepsy etc.

The younger doctors (my dad's new GP because we all changed) also even said that ADs are also addicitve/habit forming so that those therapy centers pushing me on sleeping meds were not okay and would have referred me a different therapist, something my GP also did not want to help with and she did not want to give me sick leave while I was also puking a lot beforehand and really hzd hyperarousal/burnout symptoms nor did she run any tests like blood or saliva or anything or give supplement advice I had asked for. Afterwards she said it was because she didn't need a test to know my cortisol levels were very high but she should have communicated that at least.

Yes, I know, it all didn't make sense and it is incredibly stupid under those circumstances I still just ended up taking it while I normally read all drug labels and that was the one fishy one I should have for sure but I was weird from cortisone and my dad was really putting pressure (probably not ill intended but still).

So she knew what she did. And in my country it is on average quite known. I spoke to 8 different doctors since then about it and none would have prescribed me without info and definitely not based on what we asked for. I found out many friends have taken benzos or z drugs already but all doctors only gave them like 3 pills or something and stressed the potential harm. I was clear I wouldn't have taken even one time that way. It is horrible.

Now about withdrawals they don't know anything and they don't take it seriously that it can be this bad because most people are fine or have some insomnia or whatever for a while. But most would not have prescribed it and definitely not without information or you saying I don't want these type of things. The first thing my new GP said was also "you don't give a benzo to someone not wanting a benzo, that doesn't make sense".

I'm sorry. I don't mean to hijack this thread. My apologies in advance.

In any case, in these dire circumstances I'm at least happy to have found this forum and the Ashton manual and to try to taper as safely as possible from that insane 40% cut onwards. I do recognize at least some healing is possible because I am better than I was when I basically got in acute. Only the tunnel is so long the end is hard to see. I hope to at some point be able to live an independent life again and enjoy it. But I have been incredibly traumatized by how my expressed preferences were violated by 2 different therapy centers and 3 different doctors. I regret seeking help for tinnitus and these other weird symptoms as I just wanted to understand what was happening to me but it would have been best to have left it. Well actually, I should have never gone to a doctor abroad for clogged ears because cortisone for clogged ears is also insane. I had no pain, no hearing loss, no tinnitus back then.

Now, the only way out is through. We are unfortunately so sensitive and we are made even more sensitive but knowing everything is withdrawal at least helps in understanding what's going on. It makes it just as awful and very scary, but at least we are lucky in that we understand. There must be many people not even knowing they are in a withdrawal and that's horrible. I would have obviously preferred to realize the cortisone withdrawal sooner, well I did start to realize but couldn't express it in time for this to have happened.

Indeed anything good or bad can throw us off but we know it, we can do our best to take good care of ourselves, and we can try to get through.

I'm sorry, Cocodot. It was incredibly unfair and heart breaking.  :'(

Yes, we all improve, in time. Hang in there.  :therethere:

Yes, there was no reason for this at all. And I knew what I asked because I knew how sensitive I am. But too late now. We can only try to hang on and somehow make the best of it.

But I should have asked more questions on the cortisone because that's where the trouble began.