Valium taper rate - Is my doctor's plan OK?

[BZ...]

I am almost finished completing a crossover from 1.5 mg Xanax to 15 mg of Valium (over a period of 3 weeks). I had been taking Xanax for about 4 months, and will begin a direct taper of the Valium soon.

The crossover has gone very well so far (only some sedation from the Valium), and I am wondering whether my doctor's proposed plan for the taper is also sound (She suggested the crossover, which according to Dr Ashton's plan was very quick, though it has gone very well for me)

My doctor has suggested decreasing from 2-3 mg every 1-2 weeks, at least until I reach lower doses (at which point I'd slow down to 1mg every week or two)

Does anyone here have any advice or experience for reducing at this rate after a successful crossover and short term use of benzos?

I am thinking about suggesting a 2mg decrease until 5-7mg, then decreasing by 1mg until I reach 1mg, then do a final week or two at 0.5mg. I know it can be difficult to plan in advance, but would this be too ambitious?

Thanks!

Your plan looks good but with the caveat that if things are too rough, you can slow down.  I’m glad to know the crossover hasn’t been too bad.