Confused with taper, pelase help

[Za...]

Hello, I use klonopin for 7 weeks. I used it irregularly, there were two weeks when I used it daily. Then another 10 days of irregural use (once in 2 days). Then 5 days regular - daily and I started to taper.

I am on 0.25 K. But I taper and take it daily, I cut from 0.25 to 0.180.

Isn’t it wrong? Am I not actually upping the dose? Since I wasn’t using it daily most of the time?

Sorry, I know it is complicated… but I hope someone gives me advice.

Should I cut to one quarter - to 0.125?

Thanks!

Did you start taking the drug every day in preparation for your taper or did you just decide start your taper at .180?

I had problems with sleeping (used trazodone, then mirtazapine) and it had side effects so the doctor told me “get rid of mirtazapine and stay on klonopin only for sleep”… so I took it daily for 5 days and then I started to taped since I got scared of everyday use. (I used klonopin before, together with these drugs.)

So - it was on doctors advice but also in preparation for the taper.

Btw thanks, Pamster, that you help.

You’re welcome Zazie123, I don’t feel you should make any changes to your dose or schedule right now.  You’re kind of in an unknown situation but the known will happen soon enough.  Most members who taper Klonopin say the symptoms typically show up around day 3 and begin to resolve around day 10. 

This is a critical time for you, it would benefit you greatly to keep good records of your reductions and your symptoms to include grading them on their severity.  This will help you determine your next reduction.  This is one big experiment and unfortunately, you’re the subject.

There will be time to make adjustments, but I feel it’s important to observe this first cut to get a clearer picture of where you are.

And I cut the pill just with a knife, I ordered a scale but it will come tomorrow.

Is that a big problem? The doses aren’t precise.

Doses can’t be precise, we can do the best we can but the ordinary person just doesn’t have the tools to guarantee precision but close enough works just fine.  Especially with a long half life drug like Klonopin. 

How we look at our taper accuracy kind of goes along with our personality type.  If you’re typically the kind of is okay with good enough, eyeballing your doses will work but if you’re the personality type who needs things to be a bit more exact then scales are for you.  Confidence in your taper method is what we hope to see.

Pamster, I just saw your video about scales. Unfortunately they aren’t available in my country (Czech republic). I will have thiis:

https://www.mikrovahy.cz/mikrovahy-do-50g/295-tl-7850-digitalni-vaha-do-50g-0-001g-8594211380515.html?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwx_eiBhBGEiwA15gLN41j9vF7tHCbC3w_jHY7irBH8rXIhi7x4JHa1c_aqPA3gLgjeOj1exoCJhYQAvD_BwE

Do you think it is all right to just put particles of the pill on this scale until I get the right amount and then just somehow pick it up and eat it?

You watched this video?

If you tare your scale properly, any kind will work.  Just remember that a drafty room can cause fluctuations, but I’m sure you’ll develop a process you’re comfortable with.