Hyperbolic Reduction method

[Ke...]

Anyone have ore info on this method of reduction and tapering?  I read a short msg from Pam to another member mentioning it.

I myself am trying the 5%-10% from CURRENT dose method.  And as Pam noted when it gets down to the really small amounts the MICRO-dose reductions seem to go on forever.  Example:  10% from a 0.010mg reduction, then 10% from the net result of that prior cut.  It goes on for MONTHS with only a micro amount being reduced at a time.

The Ashton method is more 'energetic' for lack of definition.  1mg cut per week or two. For a lot of people that is too fast. 

Most of us do not want or desire to reduce mico-mini reductions when at a .5mg or .5ml level, but what the MIND wants over what the BODY wants may not coincide.

"HYPERBOLIC REDUCTION METHOD"?

Another resource for you:

Dr. Mark Horowitz’s research focuses on the neurobiology of psychiatric drug withdrawal — specifically brain imaging that demonstrates a hyperbolic relationship between doses of psychiatric drugs and receptor occupancy and the implications this relationship has for tapering.

Although the entire video is worth a watch, the segment on hyperbolic tapering versus linear and exponential tapering begins around the 22:15 minute mark. 

Be sure to check out Dr. Horowitz’s impressive credentials and expertise in the notes section.

What We Know About Safely Stopping Benzodiazepines from Research

Mark Horowitz, MBBS, PhD

Sponsored by the Benzo Warrior Community on March 12, 2023

Anyone have ore info on this method of reduction and tapering?  I read a short msg from Pam to another member mentioning it.

I myself am trying the 5%-10% from CURRENT dose method.  And as Pam noted when it gets down to the really small amounts the MICRO-dose reductions seem to go on forever.  Example:  10% from a 0.010mg reduction, then 10% from the net result of that prior cut.  It goes on for MONTHS with only a micro amount being reduced at a time.

The Ashton method is more 'energetic' for lack of definition.  1mg cut per week or two. For a lot of people that is too fast. 

Most of us do not want or desire to reduce mico-mini reductions when at a .5mg or .5ml level, but what the MIND wants over what the BODY wants may not coincide.

"HYPERBOLIC REDUCTION METHOD"?

It really depends on the person doing the taper as to how fast they might be able to taper and handle sxs, also length of use, and what amount of their doses. 

I found for me, by experiencing horrific wd sxs when quitting CT, and then another time when I went with my MD suggestions for tapering.  I some kind of TIA or stroke, it's never been clearly diagnosed, even with all the tests I've gotten.  I am 70 getting up there in years and a lot of different issues I cannot say then benzo C, is fully to blame at all, but from what I've heard about wd sxs from others here, I suspect most of my issues could very well be the drug.

I say whatever you decide is right for you, and doing as much home-work as you can so you can make an informed choice.  Some folks are going day to day, or longer and waiting to see the effects of their last taper before they do another. Smart if you ask me and that's my plan.  Be sure or as sure as I can be that I've stabilized at the smaller dose.  I'm not the brightest bulb on the string but I think I have a good dose of common sense, and what I want to avoid is underestimating what has gone in my body, how the drug works on our GABA and Glutamate receptors seems a very important thing for me to understand.

Did you happen to watch the video libertas recommended?  I only just watched it and I can't remember hearing anything on what "length of use, and how much is my dose" but maybe someone will have caught that in the video from Dr. Horowitz.  I've been all confused about the linear and the percentage tapers, Horowitz doesn't recommend the linear at all so now it's back to the drawing board for me ;) Denise PS forgot to mention I'm watching Witt-Dearing now, the 2 link posted on this thread ;)

Key West:

My apologies.  I posted the wrong link for Dr. Witt-Doerring’s video on hyperbolic tapering upthread.

I’ve corrected the post but here’s the correct link again:

Should I do a Hyperbolic Taper? What You Need to Know